• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 coronet 440 hearse power back window im looking to install one but need parts

That 67 is cool, same color as mine I think, Daffodil Yellow. I didn't know they made these in a hearse version.

Send us some more pics of the inside and your window work.

its accully off white. it was originally metallic blue interestingly i had been contacted by ron hast of abbot and hast he remembered that hearse in particular because of its back window the design on the glass was the only one of its kind they made it was made fore a mortuary in palm springs and the mortisein did not like black hearse's so all the hearse's he ordered were in blue. from what i found was someone that worked for that mortuary bought it and painted it white. now this car made it across the country over its life time and the person i bought it from bought it in Florida and flat beded it back to calif

- - - Updated - - -

thanks ive spent a lot of time on the research end of this car . and ron hast helped me out with his memorys of the car. right now im saving up for the next big investment on the car disk breaks

- - - Updated - - -

oh im sorry i never answered your question yes its a real car. there are 3 known to still be out there one is in Europe one is back east and one is in my driveway. its what they call a junior hearse , or a first call car . its the car that picks up the body from the coroners office

Last edited:
its been a bit since ive logged on havent gotten any further on project here are some pics prior to this part of the project hearse sandblasting rust 001.jpgfloor boards and mercedes 450sel diecast 001.jpgfloor boards and mercedes 450sel diecast 003.jpgfloor boards and mercedes 450sel diecast 003.jpgsandblasted tailgate cut out rust ,and the floorboard i made from a washing machine this has been a low to no budget project.i got the motor and lift assembly in the gate im not real sure how im going to wire it in i am about ready to buy the disk brake setup for it

I owned a '67 Belvedere I six-passenger wagon that was converted to a funeral car in Antwerp, Belgium in 1967. It was one of two that were ordered by brothers that owned a funeral home in Brussels, and a third that was sent to a mortuary in Sweden. All were 225/3-speed manuals. All were ordered with HEMI torsion bars, XHD rear springs, 3.55:1 8-3/4 rears, 11" drums, manual steering and brakes, clock, heater, carpeting, and all had the radio delete plate. All were black with blue interiors. I still have the build sheet off my car. I bought the car in Belgium in 1990, and got the car pretty much done while I was there. I was quite fortunate to have a large garage in Germany, which is unheard of! The guy I bought the car from in Belgium had converted the interior to that out of a 1985 Diplomat, so it had the "whorehouse red" velour seats and the steering column from that car, as well as the later engine and automatic transmission, plus the fronts were converted over to discs. I drove the car in Germany as my sorta-daily driver for nearly two years before shipping the car to Houston upon my return to the US. I then drove the car back to OKC on a leap of faith...it ran and drove great!

Before I shipped the car back, I returned the interior back to the stock seats (the seller kept those intact, thankfully!), and got the door panels, steering column, and other bits off a '66 Coronet 500 four-door in Oklahoma shipped to Germany so I could finish the interior off before shipment.

I kept the car until 1998, when I traded the car off to a guy for a complete paint job on a '67 GMC Suburban I was restoring. By this time, I had installed a 360 auto out of a '73 Fury III and had started on the minor body work the car needed. It had a whopping 41K kilometers on it when I sold it - about 25,500 real miles. The 200 km/h factory speedometer would throw people for a loop at shows, for certain!

I have photos of it that I'll have to scan in order to post, but I'll get to that later.

wow that sounds like a pretty cool car would love to see some pics, thats interesting what you say about the torsion bars was it a first call car [one that picked up from the coroners to deliver to the mortuary] or was it one that accully carried coffins.

i think i may have hooked up with someone that can finish the back window or help guide me in the right direction . truthfully i dont know what im doing with power windows and i really dont have the time to learn

Auto Transport Service
Back