• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 Hemi GTX restoration

I haven’t had the heart to pay the big bucks for the starter shield . I got the new repo positive wiring harness (and that was expensive enough) so I added some covering from a friends race car wire protector .
The cable harness has a bit of protection but not enough

IMG_6031.jpeg

IMG_6032.jpeg

Actually a long one won’t fit above the offset Hemi bracket.
I think it needs a really short one

IMG_6122.jpeg

IMG_6123.jpeg

It looks like your is mounted vertically. My 67 has it mounted horizontally. I'd have to dig through photos of the disassembly to see if it was like that originally. However, it appears to be installed correctly with the bracket tang engaged in the firewall plate. Also looks like it would interfere with the pedal linkage if it hung down, but maybe not.

20240521_200946.jpg

20240521_201816.jpg

Progress is always a good thing. You know things are getting closer to firing the beast up. :thumbsup:

I can’t tell from your pictures if the battery tray is installed. If it is I suggest removing it before trying to drop the body over the engine.

Auto Transport Service
Back