• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 FC7 satellite convertible restoration

I wouldn't put much stock on the numbers that were out there. According to this chart, my 1970 FM3 Sat convertible doesn't exist.

Here's a couple FC7 conv pics for incentive.

View attachment 1400288

this chart is what is officially known.
It indicates that 0,4 % of a ll 1970 Satellites were painted FC7.
There is no further verification known to exist.
So it is not known what bodystyle or engine they had.

So you can guess that there aren't many 4-doors. Most FC7 painted Satellites will propably be 2dr HTs or CVs.

Carsten

I finally got some time to get a little work done.
If anyone is trying to remove old road tar or undercoating try this trick.
Buy citric acid paint stripper put a thick coat on the panel put a trash bag or plastic drop cloth over the stripper. Let it sit over night. Take a putty knife and it comes off like butter. Here is my front fender I got started on.
IMG_0116.jpeg

After stripping the under coat off the back side of the fenders I was drilling out the spot welds to take the braces out to blast them and sent the spot drill through my finger little bit of a set back. Since I have finished blasting and restoring the front suspension and K member.
Goal is to blast the front fenders/ core support and engine bay and get some dp90 on it.

IMG_0179.jpeg

IMG_0182.jpeg

IMG_0278.jpeg

After stripping the under coat off the back side of the fenders I was drilling out the spot welds to take the braces out to blast them and sent the spot drill through my finger little bit of a set back. Since I have finished blasting and restoring the front suspension and K member.
Goal is to blast the front fenders/ core support and engine bay and get some dp90 on it.

View attachment 1655419

View attachment 1655420

View attachment 1655421

oh my :eek:......and we have a special thread for that :poke:

busted knuckle pictures

Auto Transport Service
Back