• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1972 Roadrunner Clone

well as i promised some pictures. I have also started tearing the car down for paint due to the fact that the little slant 6 radiator blew up on me :spam-press:
exterior
IMG_0745.jpg

IMG_0743.jpg

IMG_0742.jpg

IMG_0741.jpg

IMG_0740.jpg

interior
IMG_0739.jpg

IMG_0738.jpg

IMG_0737.jpg

nice hole in the floor where someone installed a 4 speed at one point
IMG_0736.jpg

IMG_0735.jpg

and the engine out of the 76 RV
IMG_0734.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I couple of ideas for the hood. i wonder what you all think?
idea #1 73 RR hood?
or Idea #2 71-74 cuda' shaker?

of course my daughter had to help they are never to young to teach.
IMG_0765.jpg

IMG_0763.jpg

IMG_0761.jpg

she has quite figured out that she is supposed to hand me the tools after she gets them
IMG_0754.jpg

IMG_0752.jpg

IMG_0756.jpg

IMG_0759.jpg

Cute little girl,i see she really gets into her work. Good luck going into your rebuild.

I couple of ideas for the hood. i wonder what you all think?
idea #1 73 RR hood?
or Idea #2 71-74 cuda' shaker?

Some major fabrication needed for a shaker, I'd think. For the '73 RR, you'd need to flatten the two fender humps at the corners. I've seen those done on 71/72 birds and they look great.

Ok thanks for the advice... we will see when i get round to the hood what direction i go...
I got to work some more on my car i started the sanding and tear down process
IMG_0792.jpg

IMG_0791.jpg

IMG_0790.jpg

Propwash she loves to help out but since it has been around 40 degrees during the day i cant bring her out there to work with me

First off, thanks for your service. I'm a big fan of these cars, I've always loved the big mouth looking grill on them. You mentioned "paintable bumpers", why not just sandblast them and paint them "I've done it before with no problems" epoxy primer works great on sandblasted surfaces. I love the little girl helping out, my daughter is 6 and loves helping when she can and loves the car shows. I like all the hood ideas but like bigredbird said the shaker will take some fab work, likely you would have to cut the shaker portion out a cuda hood and graft it onto yours. I like the 73 scoops but you could easily turn one into a functional scoop making it even cooler. Nice looking car can't wait to see it when it's done.

Ok so i know i havent been able t work on my car much lately but i managed to get outside and get started again. I remover the front clip and started on the body work.
IMG_0941_zpse0b86897.jpg

IMG_0940_zpsd4990a44.jpg

IMG_0939_zpsd2222e25.jpg

IMG_0938_zps8108dd9c.jpg

IMG_0937_zpsa80636b5.jpg

IMG_0936_zpsb3d87944.jpg

We all have things to do first, and work on our cars when we get a chance. Work on when you can and enjoy family time first.

Auto Transport Service
Back