• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1974 charger se

here are the uppers recovered with ledgendary seat covers going to put them together this week

Attachments

• seat uppers.jpg
    seat uppers.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 777
here is a shot of the dash almost ready to go in!

Attachments

• dash.jpg
    dash.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 773
Looking great! Ive heard a lot of good about legendary interior..And I think a lot of the overhawlin shows Foose had them make some things, always looked great..Going to be a nice ride. Im back in the watch mode so good luck!

thanks guy's this will be a car that i put some serious miles on so it has to function well and then look good but so far i think the looks are going to be ok.

ok i have some more pics here we are warming up the top before install. i have to get it put on now so i can get the windshield put back in not the way i wanted to go but oh well

Attachments

• DSC03894.jpg
    DSC03894.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 759
had to weld in a new pan on the passenger side and a new hook on the drivers side, the seat bottom was from another car as well so i just wanted to be sure it all fit! those are fresh ledgendary covers they are real nice!

Attachments

• DSC03898.jpg
    DSC03898.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 738
Last edited:
here is the exhaust i will be using i have a choice on the tailpipes i can use some from acurate or some custom stainless ones once i get the rear tips i will hang the pipes and see which ones i like more.

Attachments

• DSC03899.jpg
    DSC03899.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 719
i blasted and primed the inner fenders, i think i will hand sand the firewall. the door jambs got the same treatment soon i will get them painted so i can drop the motor in and get this thing going. it had no motor or tranny and the whole wiring harness has been swapped as well so i want to get a head start on it in case i have gremlins

Attachments

• DSC03904.jpg
    DSC03904.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 742
  • DSC03905.jpg
    DSC03905.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 739
Last edited:
Got the top done last night it looks awsome had a friend of waygun's come over to do it as i had never done one before and i paid big to get the real top

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 743
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 741
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 747
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 718
Last edited:
did some test fitting on the deck lid as well a bit more to go on that yet

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 738
That pattern in that top looks awesome!!! I see why you shelled out the extra cash. Looks great!

Thanks there Prop even though it is being done to my tastes instead of totally correct i am picky about some stuff and i remember the look these had from my younger days so i really wanted an original top.

Made big progress Friday night.
Got the refurbished harness installed in the dash.
Charger360 got new bulbs to the cluster.
I found it easier putting in the harness in the dash prior to mounting the dash into the car.
jameschargerproject003-2.jpg

We got the heater box and related hoses,wiring installed prior to mounting the dash.
We took a break sitting in the back seat right after installing the dash.
jameschargerproject006.jpg

jameschargerproject004-2.jpg

I got the task of hooking up everything under the dash,and cleaned up the routing for a nicer looking dash.
HVAC controls,tach wiring,raised the column and plugged it back in.
Looks purdy.
jameschargerproject007-2.jpg

jameschargerproject011.jpg

jameschargerproject014.jpg

jameschargerproject010-2.jpg

Some of the schwag Charger360 got taking advantage of Year One's sale.
jameschargerproject009-1.jpg

well today is a bit on the cold side so i think i will try and get the last bit of welding started on the lower quarters. talked to my painter he will be spraying the underhood area in a week or so,that will let me get the mechanical stuff sorted and test out all the electrical stuff waygun has been doing as well as route my exhaust up to the tips.

Auto Transport Service
Back