• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1974 charger se

here is a shot of the 360 that my RT is donating to the charger i still feel bad stripping the RT but i may throw a spare 318 into it. the engine looks kind of dirty but it has been sitting for about a year and a half only a couple of hundred miles on the entire powertrain and the engine is kinda special it is an actual 74 block with late model magnum heads a comp 270 magnum cam which gives me over 500 lift with the 1.6 rockers in the magnum heads which flow real well i have 9 to one pistons in there so with the mag heads and thin gasket i have i am just under 10 to one with perfect squish it runs smooth and is easy on gas compared to my last old school combo. has headers on it in the RT but have the right 340-360 manifolds to put on and i will keep the air gap for now. i am going to test a 600 eddy i have first instead of the 750 holley i usually run in the RT. i am hoping to make the charger a bit more of a cruiser. i may go back to some stock valve covers as well.

Attachments

• 44444.jpg
    44444.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 606
Last edited:
Glad to see things rolling good for you 360....

So that's what a clean uncracked installed windshield looks like...Hope to have my own someday..lol

Like always...She's looking good man!

Nice. You are really moving along. I wish I was that motivated.

I still say go back with the factory gold.

...and if you feel like bringing me that Aspen, I'll pay your gas and buy you lunch/dinner.

so i started the teardown on the RT today, it kind of felt like i was stabbing an old buddy in the back! seems odd the emotional attachment we can have with these old cars. heck i drove my old man around in this thing before he died i rebuilt it before i got married i have used it as a daily driver a cruiser a drag car even showed it a few times back in the day. now here i am stripping it to build my charger and then i will just sell it as a roller or pop a lowly 318 in it. it has been a 360 four barrel since it rolled of the assembly line. sorry if i am rambling.

well here are the engine and the trans. the trans is a fresh unit as well only a couple of hundred miles on it, transgo 2 kit and a mancini 2500 stall converter.

Attachments

• 370 mag.jpg
    370 mag.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 591
  • trans.jpg
    trans.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 566
i have some stock valve covers to redo and i may get some resto style plug wires to finish it off. i will repaint the engine to freshen it up a bit more and i will paint my air gap as well even though it pains me to do so

here is a shot of my poor RT stripped and ready to sell. still kinda sucks to see it that way! had some great times beating on that car

Attachments

• 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 576
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 587
ok so my paint guy is going to be here sunday to do the engine bay and perhaps the door jambs. but i really have to clean up my shop! got so many sub assemblys on the go as well as stuff for my buddys that things are getting out of hand! will post some pics once the bay is painted.

here are some shots of the engine bay progress. i love this colour it is hard to capture in the shop but in the sun it is awsome! have been out of action lately my neck and back are in really bad shape.the stupidity of youth is catching up with me!

Attachments

• bod4.jpg
    bod4.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 544
  • bod6.jpg
    bod6.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 543
  • bod3.jpg
    bod3.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 541
  • bod2.jpg
    bod2.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 551
here are a couple of the engine in a more stock appearing way. those stock valve covers fit the magnum heads perfect. makes for a stealth package. the last one i put in just because i though it looked cool.

Attachments

• 3601.jpg
    3601.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 542
  • 3603.jpg
    3603.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 536
  • 3604.jpg
    3604.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 546
Last edited:
Wow, You are moving along good... Looks great! Sorry to hear you having to do this to your RT..

Last edited:
Man, I'd be happy to make 1/2 the progress you are making and be happy to do it in twice the time!
Is that the original color? %thumbs up%

Next time you are in Florida, just drop that Aspen off at my house.

the real paint code is y6 gold poly. this brown is from a 2010 toyota venza. i hate the car but love the paint it will be easy to match as well.

Looks like "root beer brown" HIP.

the engine is in! now if i could find the battery charger for my camera i could show you!

ok here are some snaps. waygun is going through the engine wiring harness while i do all the mechanical hook up's. should be running this week as long as we don't have to many surprises! also want to thank my good buddy mike for the extra hands while i was dropping in the engine. cheers

Attachments

• bay1.jpg
    bay1.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 499
  • bay2.jpg
    bay2.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 504
  • bay3.jpg
    bay3.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 498
  • bay4.jpg
    bay4.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 497
the wiper motor and fan motor will get changed out they are just keeping any critters and small children out of the holes. the valve covers need to be redone as well i am not happy with them.

that motor looks good sitting in the engine bay.nice contrast of color. they really compliment the other.

Auto Transport Service
Back