• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1974 charger se

well the car is running i got some shorter mufflers from waygun's work they fit great all the gauges work fine all the heater and wiper stuff works fine almost done the exhaust just need my tips so i can locate the left exhaust hanger at the muffler and it will be a driver. now i just need to put the doors on and the fenders and the hood and finish the quarter panels...... well you get the idea!

Wahoooo!!! Good work..up and running. One hurdle out of the way.:headbang:

Well it is official i sold the RT today it will be gone tommorow. at least the Charger is coming together

That's great news.
Only if you could get the painter up to the speed you are working on the car to maintain the momentum..
it is possible to be driving the beast while we still some summer left.

hey waygun, the painter came by yesterday as well he brought back the decklid which is now ready for paint and took the last fender with him. he says about a week for that fender then we can do the quarters. things are moving along pretty well.

so things have been going ok. work is a pain and we have had guests which has slowed me down a bit. i am starting to hand panels and doing my initial aligment then we can block it out. still have a way to go on the quarters though. it is a running driving car now, i took it for a little rip down my county road probably the first time this thing has run in 25 years at least!

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 497
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 499
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 495
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 488
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 504
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 504
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 495
got a lot done today did some work on the passenger door, put in the glass after changing out the stripped regulator installed the latch and did a bit more alignment work as well. also started in on my buddys 360 race engine as well will take up some time but it is lots of fun

ok so here are a few more. still have to get the doors and the passenger fender aligned better, hard to do alone! also poped the rims and tires on to test fit and for the photo op! will order the two new center caps and trim rings this week. my body guy is spending the weekend at my place next week to finish the quarters.

here are the pics

Attachments

• rsdsh,syy.jpg
    rsdsh,syy.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 487
  • 98.jpg
    98.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 482
  • 99.jpg
    99.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 490
  • srgjnaet.jpg
    srgjnaet.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 482
  • sddfgj.jpg
    sddfgj.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 482
  • swertgjnmsryjk.jpg
    swertgjnmsryjk.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 478
She's Getting close and looking good! Bet you're stoked....especially after taking her for a spin.

Is there any padding under your vinyl top?
I have a new top still in the box, but there's no padding with it.
Seems a bit funny just gluing the relatively thin top down to the metal.

Thanks

looks like the body is coming along real smooth.The paint isn't too far behind now.

prop i am really stoked! it really only needs paint then one or two weeks of work and she should be good to go of course it will need some sorting out i am sure it is a mix of three or four cars but it seems to run awsome! yy no padding under the top when i was removing the old one there was no padding and it was the original top or what was left of it! took a lot of work to prep the top for glue. and runnerman once the quarters are done that is about it we will set the gaps and make sure she is smooth then off to the booth. i have had this car for three years but had to move and buld a new shop as the new house only had a barn and no real workshop so i had to wait for about two years to get started really got going last fall.

I like how nice that top looks, The whole car looking good, great to see it headed for the finish line.. Good luck in the progress!

Yeah, nice to see you are moving along. Wish I could go as fast.

I am getting amped about working on the Satellite, and I'm hoping that will motivate me to work on the 66.

Nice work and looking good!!

Thanks for the info on the top.

Want to say a big thanks to my buddy steve for spending the last two day's here welding patches into my quarter panels while i was at work! good man! guess i will have to get his race engine built sooner rather than later. my body guy is going to be here early tommorow which is why i needed the assist. cant wait to see this thing painted.

my buddy richard was here all day to do the bodywork started on the quarters. he got the pass. side ready for the final sand and prime it is coated in spray glaze right now

Attachments

• bondo.jpg
    bondo.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 441
  • first glaze.jpg
    first glaze.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 448
  • guide on bondo.jpg
    guide on bondo.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 457
  • richard.jpg
    richard.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 461
looking good,bet you can't wait to get all the bodywork done?

it is killing me! the plan is to get it on the road by fall and then spend the winter working the kinks out. next summer is cruise time!

Auto Transport Service
Back