• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2024 14th Annual FABO NHRA "Pick 'Em" Game - It's NITRO Burnin' Time Again!!!

Yeah down -3, not good

I should change my T/F S. Torrence pick but I'm not yet,
may kill me for the season too, I was thinking Antron Brown...

also P/S Greg Anderson laid an egg last event too
but I'll let him redeem himself too, but either Dallas Glenn or Arron Stanfield
would be smart...

I was even considering, even going with P/SM Matt Smith too,
I like the guy way better, & his Buell is a freaken' rocket now
but learned a long time ago don't bet with my heart
but I will let the Vance & Hines kid on the Suzuki, Herrara redeem himself too,
V&H had clutch issues last event, they're still figuring out the added weight too...

F/C Austin Prock he is freaken' clutch, & haulin' ***

@ocdart locked in picks stay as is, let em' ride another event

Good luck everyone

Last edited:
Yeah, Bud, I'm tempted to jump on the AB bandwagon, but I've outsmarted myself before. Stanfield would probably be another smart move. But I'll stick with my locks to see if they'll pull me back up. Good luck everyone!

New qualifying schedule announced for Midwest Nationals, starting at 1:00 pm Fri. due to weather.

Current weather in Madison, IL, and updated weekend forecast...

Friday - currently light rain falling and forecast be a 90%+ to continue to 4pm tonight. Then dropping to 80% to 7pm and 50% to 9pm. Friday qualifying cancelled due to weather.
Saturday - 40% chance of light rain starting about 11am and lasting to about 11pm
Sunday - 40% chance of light rain starting about 11am and lasting to about 6pm

'Mother Nature' may not want to go racing this weekend.
Let's hope she changes her mind.

Last edited:

Friday - currently light rain falling and forecast be a 90%+ to continue to 4pm tonight. Then dropping to 80% to 7pm and 50% to 9pm. Friday qualifying cancelled due to weather.
Saturday - 40% chance of light rain starting about 11am and lasting to about 11pm

Dang it...

Weather forecast for Saturday qualifying is much improved.
Current forecast for weather-delayed Q1 [1:00pm EDT (10:00am PDT] is 71F and cloudy with 11% chance of rain and 15mph wind; Q2 [3:30pm EDT (12:30pm PDT)] is 73F and 11% cloudy with 11% chance of rain and 14mph wind.

Forecast for Sunday eliminations is cloudy with a high of 73F and about 10mph wind.

2024 40th annual Pep Boys NHRA Nationals qualifying leaders:

Q1 (weather delayed)

Weather: 74F, 73% relative humidity, barometer 19.76", adjusted altitude 2,253', track temp. 91F
TF: Tony Schumacher, 3.739 @ 325.22 (Kyle Wurtzel, Jacob Opatrny, and Doug Kalitta are not yet qualified at #17, #18, and #19)
FC: Austin Prock, 3.869; Bobby Bode III @ 324.36
PS: Erica Enders, 6.565 @ 208.01 (Kenny Delco, Chris McGaha, and Camrie Caruso are not yet qualified at #17, #18, and #19)
PSM: Gaige Herrera, 6.796; Matt Smith @ 198.12

Auto Transport Service
Back