• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

4 speed console pink wire

dodge68charger

Local time
12:52 AM
Reaction score
Not sure where this wire attaches to on my 68 b body. It ran under the carpet together with a yellow wire from my four speed console to im not sure where under the dash. Thanks image.jpg

Wondering where it connects to on the harness. Cant find it on my schematic. Thanks

Found the harness in my old wiring mess. Why is there a yellow and white wire on the connector. I thought the reverse lights are run through the wires on the back of the tranny then underneath the car not in the consoleimage.jpg. Thanks

rev light work off a switch on the shifter,on 68 & older.

On a 4 speed car? Thanks. What is the 2 prong plug on the back of the tranny for? Thank you

Hi, The switch on the back of the manual trans is for the reverse lamps. They run up the trans to the bell housing and into the wiper harness bulkhead connector. One is power out to the switch on the trans and the other one is power back to the reverse lamps.

sorry i went brain dead,,,,missed the 4 speed part.

Thanks guys. By any chance do you guys know what the 4 prong harness is for? It piggy backed 4 other pink wires off the fuse box. Has a white purple orange and pink goin to it. Thanks

Thanks. Im gonna run a pink wire from the fusebox to the center console and tie it in with the yellow ground wires so when i open the door the console lights come on.

- - - Updated - - -

In the pic i posted there were about 5 pink wires piggybacked together in the fusebox for the accessory lights

- - - Updated - - -

In the pic i posted there were about 5 pink wires piggybacked together in the fusebox for the accessory lights

yes & that plugs on the back of the fuse panel, they plug on the 2nd from the left male spade on the back of fuse block

i can get a picture if you need.

Auto Transport Service
Back