• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

440 6 pack

chrispy

Local time
4:20 AM
Reaction score
does anyone know the original part numbers for the 3 carbs on a 440 six pack setup? TY

Sixpack carbs only came on 69 1/2 A12 cars,1970 cars,1971 cars and a small handful of very early production 72 cars. There are several different carb numbers depending upon what year the car is and if it had an automatic transmission or a 4 speed manual transmission. List the carb numbers that you have and we can probably tell you what they are.

Some list numbers...............
1719690170582.png

does anyone know the original part numbers for the 3 carbs on a 440 six pack setup? TY
The Holley carb numbers depend on the year of the car and whether it was standard or auto transmissions. Are you replicating a Dodge (Six pack) or Plymouth (Six Barrel ), vehicle? The carb numbers change per year and application.......how authentic do you want to be????
BOB RENTON

I HAVE A 1977 440 ENGINE with an intake on it for a 6 pack setup? i need the carbs. whats the part numbers or what carbs can i use.?

I HAVE A 1977 440 ENGINE with an intake on it for a 6 pack setup? i need the carbs. whats the part numbers or what carbs can i use.?
Since you don't say whether the car is a standard trans of auto trans as the center carbs meteting is different. Holley markets replacement carbs for center and end carbs, plus linkage, choke, furl lines, base gaskets. Since 1977 440's never had 3x2 bbl carbs (last year production was 1971 1/2), and if you're interested in the 3x2 barrel air cleaner base, you should check for ubderside hood clearance with the assembly b4 proceeding. But in any case, be prepared to spend $$$ to build what you want. Look at the for sale section or want to buy section of the FBBO site. Just my opinion.....
BOB RENTON

You'll need one of the first carb link plus 2 of the srcond link......plus all the hardware, as I've noted previously. Just check the assembly height including the air cleaner base, filter, and lid or else youll need to modify the hood.
Suggest going to the HOLLEY web site.
BOB RENTON

Suggest going to the HOLLEY web site.
Per the site, only have to 4672s, (outboards) in stock.

Actually, Summit might be better for those, with a coupon from @GTX JOHN .

Since yours is a 67 engine and nothing original about it being a true sixpack car. Go with the new Holley carbs. No sense in going with someone else's 50+ year old wore out junk.

Any ones you want

Buy three Chinese 4412s, chop off the back half of the air cleaner flange, convert to side hung bowls for clearance, get a sequential throttle linkage.
You'll probably have less $$$ in that setup than one new genuine holley center carb. And it will flow "1500" cfm. (Lol).

Buy three Chinese 4412s, chop off the back half of the air cleaner flange, convert to side hung bowls for clearance, get a sequential throttle linkage.
You'll probably have less $$$ in that setup than one new genuine holley center carb. And it will flow "1500" cfm. (Lol).
It depends on authentic you want to be...doing the modification as suggested will definitely give you the shoe makers hacked version....why not use Ford 406 carbs installed backwards and look just as bad. R4412 metering is not the same....shop around...you'll find someone who has what you need and the installation will look like it belongs and perform well.....just my opinion....
BOB RENTON

My post #15 was mostly sarcasm, but it really is a way of getting some carbs for a manifold cheaply. There was a guy on here a few years ago that found a killer deal on new corvette carbs, and that's what he used.
The cost of doing a Sixpack RIGHT, especially a small block version, (limited supply of intakes, compared to new 440 manifolds available) has gone insane. Especially when you consider that a good four barrel on a good aftermarket intake will run as well, for probably a quarter the money, or less. A Sixpack setup on a non-original car is merely expensive eye-wash.

My post #15 was mostly sarcasm, but it really is a way of getting some carbs for a manifold cheaply. There was a guy on here a few years ago that found a killer deal on new corvette carbs, and that's what he used.
The cost of doing a Sixpack RIGHT, especially a small block version, (limited supply of intakes, compared to new 440 manifolds available) has gone insane. Especially when you consider that a good four barrel on a good aftermarket intake will run as well, for probably a quarter the money, or less. A Sixpack setup on a non-original car is merely expensive eye-wash.
True statment......the person must have more money than brains......but it sounds he's a little short of both......
BOB RENTON

True statment......the person must have more money than brains......but it sounds he's a little short of both......
BOB RENTON
Since when are brains part of the equation in this old car hobby? I was stricken at an early age with the car disease. A permanent sickness.
I should have bought an old Dodge Colt and put it in the front yard with rocks, birdbaths, and concrete deer(s) adornments. Car hobby is more emotion and time machine.

Since when are brains part of the equation in this old car hobby? I was stricken at an early age with the car disease. A permanent sickness.
I should have bought an old Dodge Colt and put it in the front yard with rocks, birdbaths, and concrete deer(s) adornments. Car hobby is more emotion and time machine.
You forgot to mention an iridescent "LAWN BALL" and a red or yellow painted truck tire with flowers planted in the center.......
BOB RENTON

Auto Transport Service
Back