• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

440 header replacement

fwi

Local time
9:27 AM
Reaction score
IMG_2634.jpgMy 65 coronet with a 68 440 block needs new headers. Currently has the old 2 piece Doug's headers and #6 is cracked just a few inches from the exhaust port (previous owner strapped a soda pop can around it but it is now leaking) so I thought maybe I should just replace the whole set.
Don't want to buy a set that will need to be modified, just want one that fits. Any recommendations?
SORRY WRONG PHOTOS!.......I can't delete these?

Attachments

• IMG_2629.jpg
    IMG_2629.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 498
  • IMG_2631.jpg
    IMG_2631.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 467
Last edited:
For my 63 Dodge Polara build AND my 70 Superbee (426 Hemi application) I chose TTI headers.
Why?
Word of mouth!
TTI has a great rapport with the Mopar muscle car scene.
They are: "In touch" with their customers

i have 2" tti's in my 65 coronet with a 440. perfect, no hassle fit.

Custom built set, that actually fit your application.

Thanks I looked at their site, lots of options.

I vote...........TTI.........

Polished Ceramic Coated with a Thermal Barrier

TTi 440-200C5

$ 923.00 set...worth it!:icon_thumright:

This statement should be put right under the For B Bodies Only logo:

Buy TTI or Doug's Headers. Don't bother with anything else.

Hehe

I just bought a set of Hooker Competition headers for my 440. Didn't need to modify anything and they went in with a minimum of hassle. I know everyone seems to say TTI are the best and worth the $$. I paid around $550 for mine - ceramic coated - from Summit. In the event you want options. Actually the one thing I did do was put in a mini starter to make installation easier.

I too am pleased with 9 years of street performance with the TTI's. The ceramic coating has kept the under hood temperatures 100 degrees cooler than others without the coating. Confirmed by temp gun. Made the mistake of buying direct from them, they seemed peeved. Best to buy from a FBBO Vendor and get a better deal too. Mine were almost $1000 to the door and that was then.

Auto Transport Service
Back