• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

62 Belvedere 318 poly granny cruiser (one day i hope)

I believe there is a factory spec for the angle in degrees from the center section mount face to the spring pads.
I don't remember + or -, or how much..... but I'd bet a bunch that Dr Diff does, and you might be able to find it on his website.
(I've got 3° shims , tipping nose down, on my 62 with ss springs)

I believe there is a factory spec for the angle in degrees from the center section mount face to the spring pads.
I don't remember + or -, or how much..... but I'd bet a bunch that Dr Diff does, and you might be able to find it on his website.
(I've got 3° shims , tipping nose down, on my 62 with ss springs)
yeah, i need to buy that mopar suspension book again.. mad i can't find mine. Great book

K.. pinion angle got rid of the vibration, And i'm much happier with the welds this time.. I actually put the seats in today (tore one.... i hate me soo much) and fixed a few little things and pulled it out of the garage to clean/mop.. firs time it has moved in 47 years..

It feels very odd though.. i think it's the 4.57s messing with me a bit.. steepest i have ever had were 3.91s before

Oh.. and the exuast sounds better outside the garage.. still too loud but not annoying

k.. took bout 8 hours today to get the rear valance and lower quarters ready for primer... i still need to do some bodywork but no way i was leaving it in bare metal... i'm tired..
1717966795351.jpeg

Sounds and looks greats! One of my favorite body styles.
Thanks.. i just wanted it to be a stock car on 14s to drive for fun and it's gotten out of control..

Not sure if i should have repainted the whole thing but i like that's its almost all original paint, i had to make new lower quarters, thus the primer today..

K.. pinion angle got rid of the vibration, And i'm much happier with the welds this time.. I actually put the seats in today (tore one.... i hate me soo much) and fixed a few little things and pulled it out of the garage to clean/mop.. firs time it has moved in 47 years..

It feels very odd though.. i think it's the 4.57s messing with me a bit.. steepest i have ever had were 3.91s before

Oh.. and the exuast sounds better outside the garage.. still too loud but not annoying

Sounds like a Big Block! Coming along :thumbsup:

K.. been doing bodywork on the lower quarters for like a month.. finally got as good as i can do.. and shot it this morning

is there a color that just makes you go blind? i have painted orange, black... blue.. other colors without issue.. i swear when i shoot this red i just go blind and can't see how it's flowing or anything.. honestly wish i had shot out in the sun to have better light. So.. the color matches better than expected... the paint actually went on ok, i think i know how i made it go bad on my engine bay. BUT.. for some reason when i got the gun in my hand i decided to try to get 1 coat coverage which... yeah i know better, and i have some nasty waterfall runs that i don't know if i will get out without ******* it.. worst case, i block em out and give it quick touch up... love single stage :)
I only did the bottom like 10" on these...

can see the runs in the last pic... ah well.. the back panel i went bout 1" up from the the horizontal panel and can barely see it meet, really happy with that.. rest of the car is still the 1962 paint.. so it's all nicks and beat up..but i like the idea of the original paint..

2024-07-21 13.27.37.jpg

2024-07-21 13.27.16.jpg

2024-07-21 13.26.50.jpg

2024-07-21 13.26.58.jpg

Mounted the proportioning valve tonight, more of a pain in the *** when the car is together.. I wasn't gonna run one but figured spinning on a hard stop would be bad :) I didn't wanna drill my apron.. so i hung it off the MC backing plate stud... Took 2 hours which seems too long. making those lines, i need a smaller bender.

BTW... does anyone elses MC flex when you brake? mine move up bout 3/8" at the front when i press hard... my firewall is solid, and has that plate, not sure what the deal is..

P.S. engine bay is beyond dirty :( and hoping it's ok to have the valve on an angle

1721692079982.jpeg

Ground the drivers fender down and getting it ready for paint... the new red is a little too dark but will have to do for now. Just wanna get it on the road:)
2024-07-27 16.55.14.jpg
2024-07-27 17.33.00.jpg

Just posting a couple of pics, been pulling it out of the garage to sand in there and don't wanna add 2" of dust :)

Really unhappy with it so far just moving it 50'.. the brakes kind of work.. but i could stand on them with 2 feet and zero change of grabbing hard or locking up. all new disc/drum, i have never had manual disc, always manual drum.. and manual drums i could stop soo easily. Wondering if i made a bad choice on the master cylinder?

Soo... here is a good one (my brain overthinks and makes me stress over **** i don't need to stress bout) With 4.57s i would think the car would want to move in reverse/forward but it will pretty much barely move until i give it gas. The motor pulls down in rpm so it's not the trans slipping or anything. It feels like i'm trying to move with the brakes stuck but they aren't (can spin the wheel easily by hand when off the ground) Only thing i can think of is the alignment is just eyeballed in enough so they are kinda straight, i can't see the wheels causing enough drag to cause that? but i don't know...

Just a couple of pics of it outside.. Need to lift the rear about 1" or so.. clears the outer lip fine but the outside of the inner well curves in with the body and a good bump will have them hitting, and no real room between the body/well to clearance it. Gonna be a pain the lower the front springs down (prolly a hours work but i will spend weeks stressing cause my stupid brain) :)
2024-08-07 19.11.49.jpg
2024-08-07 19.11.31.jpg

Tossing the front clip back on may add 200+ lbs to the mix, which may help pull the front end down.

Figured finding this piece of trim cheap would be impossible.. it was hit pretty hard, brought it into work today to try to fix it.. the little anvil is cool :) Came out ok.. still need to polish a bit and try to roll the inner edge in more, can't figure a way to do it at work...

P.S. Scott makes fixing trim look sooo easy
2024-08-09 15.32.08.jpg
2024-08-09 16.44.59.jpg

Figured finding this piece of trim cheap would be impossible.. it was hit pretty hard, brought it into work today to try to fix it.. the little anvil is cool :) Came out ok.. still need to polish a bit and try to roll the inner edge in more, can't figure a way to do it at work...

P.S. Scott makes fixing trim look sooo easy
View attachment 1708084View attachment 1708085
Send it off to Mr. T Bill Petrow!

Auto Transport Service
Back