• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

63 Plymouth stock eliminator project

Lookin good. Ready for some GLSSA and Buckye S/S action.
Doug

Lookin good. Ready for some GLSSA and Buckye S/S action.
Doug
Thanks Doug, getting anxious. Few more pics...

IMG_1908.JPG

IMG_E1904.JPG

IMG_1909.JPG

Nice looking build, I have a 63 also but mine is a Savoy post car. I have a real nice set of 2" headman adj. race headders if you get to the point of thinking they might help you. Are you coming to the Mopar show/race at Norwalk in Sept. ? Good luck

Yes, that looks like them, do they have the collectors canted in to the center of the car instead of straight back ?

Well well well, now I know what headers I bought last month, no name but took awhile getting them together right (in a pile) btw I’m thinking of doing a 65 same way either 383 or 426. Forgot to ask how did they fit?

Mine fit good on my 63 Savoy, stock motor mounts, manual steering. In the process of hooking up 3inch exhaust with "X" pipe & cutouts. Can't wait to take it for a ride and burn off the cheap rear tires ! Like they say "smoke 'em if you got 'em !

Nice looking build, I have a 63 also but mine is a Savoy post car. I have a real nice set of 2" headman adj. race headders if you get to the point of thinking they might help you. Are you coming to the Mopar show/race at Norwalk in Sept. ? Good luck
I do have a set of those headers, 2" primaries might be too much for the 383. That's why I decided to go with 1" 3/4. Not sure about Norwalk, it's quite a tow for me.

IMG_1931.JPG

Just something you may want to do. I did this on my 63. Most mopar guys I know do it. Install a brake pedal stop so the pedal can only come back as far as needed. Some racers have had the rod drop out of the master cylinder because under hard acceleration the pedal on some will come back alowing the rod to come out of the master cylinder causing no brakes. At a hundred plus mph this is not good. A piece of L bracket from the hardware store and a hose clamp can fix that. Never happened to me, but have heard the results of that from others. Good luck. Nice build.

Just something you may want to do. I did this on my 63. Most mopar guys I know do it. Install a brake pedal stop so the pedal can only come back as far as needed. Some racers have had the rod drop out of the master cylinder because under hard acceleration the pedal on some will come back alowing the rod to come out of the master cylinder causing no brakes. At a hundred plus mph this is not good. A piece of L bracket from the hardware store and a hose clamp can fix that. Never happened to me, but have heard the results of that from others. Good luck. Nice build.
Never heard of this happening but thanks for the tip.

Never heard of this happening but thanks for the tip.
Seen it happen at least 4 times. Neil Johnsons Hi Flyin Hemi Cuda S/S car, a freinds Monte Carlo, Boyd Peck did it twice when he was driving Arlen Vanke's yellow 65 Plymouth. Both Neil and my freind were injusred pretty severely. If the master doesn't have a groove for the rod, I use windshield urethane to hold the rod into the master itself. Otherwise you are relying on the flimsy stop lamp switch.
Doug

I do have a set of those headers, 2" primaries might be too much for the 383. That's why I decided to go with 1" 3/4. Not sure about Norwalk, it's quite a tow for me.

View attachment 1690232

I am in Wisconsin and looking for another set of 2 inch big block B Body headers if you are looking to move a set.... If not, sorry to jump in here.

Changed out the throttle linkage yesterday. Started by changing the gas pedal and linkage that I found on ebay. Works much better now.
What gas pedal did you go with? I honestly hate the gas pedal setup in the '62....

Here's something fun btw.. I have a lokar knockoff cable and it has like a hasp that goes over the pedal and a pin/clip that holds it in place.. i put the clip in a safe spot months ago and it's staying safe.. so i took the pin to the hardware store to get a clip.. bought a couple put them in a plastic bag and literally said.. so i don't lose them, a few days ago it randomly popped into my head "Where did i put the pin though!" that's my brain. The pin might have went through the washer..

If that's your brake line on the firewall, it won't pass a real NHRA technical inspection
That's a new one on me. Every Dodge has them on the firewall.
Fuel line, no.

Auto Transport Service
Back