• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Coronet 500 Project

kezammit

Local time
11:14 PM
Reaction score
Been collecting parts I will need over last 14 years - mostly interior parts. I was able to run the car when I bought it (rebuilt carb, fresh oil and gas), restarted it last month. I spent the last 4 weeks stripping it down and sent to body shop last week. CA car so very little rust - couple of pinholes in rear window channel with some minor pitting of trunk floor, but rest is solid. RF fender was crunched (took it to a body shop class and straightened pretty well), other dings and dents around lower body. Hardest part to find so far was the wide rocker moldings - missing one, but found a pair on eBay last month.

Today I finally found a place I think will be able to install headliner when paint is done. I also am working on a 71 Challenger RT that needs headliner and top installed. These craftsmen are getting harder to find, especially here on Central Coast of CA.

091424 Ready for Body Shop Small.jpg

front fenders removed for body work small.jpg

Prepping trunk floor small.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back