• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 gtx 426 with a fuel leak back

If mine sits for more than 2 days, I have to crank it quite a bit.

i fit just sits Overnite it will fire right away within maybe 3 or 4 cranks

I just went thru my carbs back in March. No change

Im thinking I'll just do like AR67gtx does, give it a little squirt prime first

Easier on the battery and starter that way

Add a Facet 60301 electric pump in the fuel line back near the tank... Set it up with a momentary contact push button switch... fuel can flow through it when the pump isn't running so it only needs to run to prime the carbs.... It puts out 5.5PSI so it won't push fuel past the needles like a 7-8 psi pump can....

Add a Facet 60301 electric pump in the fuel line back near the tank... Set it up with a momentary contact push button switch... fuel can flow through it when the pump isn't running so it only needs to run to prime the carbs.... It puts out 5.5PSI so it won't push fuel past the needles like a 7-8 psi pump can....
Says 1/8" NPT in and out on that one though?

Says 1/8" NPT in and out on that one though?
All the Facet pumps are 1/8-NPT no matter what design... They work, period...
If your concerned it won't flow enough fuel you can add a bypass with a check valve... But it doesn't need it unless your making serious (550+) HP...

All the Facet pumps are 1/8-NPT no matter what design... They work, period...
If your concerned it won't flow enough fuel you can add a bypass with a check valve... But it doesn't need it unless your making serious (550+) HP...
Well, since Ma put a dang 3/8" line on the car at the factory and all, I was just wondering...

I know someone with a restored 69 Hemi Road Runner and I help him with work on it. There have been times when we have started it up after sitting a couple of weeks, and we have had to pour a crazy amount of gas down the carb to get it to fire off and start. He has gotten it to fire and run 5 to 10 seconds and die and it still won’t re-fire with throttle pumping unless we pour some more gas down the carb. Crazy. The carbs have been gone through several times. Seems to have improved a little with time but still a hard starting monster.

I know someone with a restored 69 Hemi Road Runner and I help him with work on it. There have been times when we have started it up after sitting a couple of weeks, and we have had to pour a crazy amount of gas down the carb to get it to fire off and start. He has gotten it to fire and run 5 to 10 seconds and die and it still won’t re-fire with throttle pumping unless we pour some more gas down the carb. Crazy. The carbs have been gone through several times. Seems to have improved a little with time but still a hard starting monster.
He needs to fill the carb bowls through the vents and it will start and stay running. It sounds like most of the gas has evaporated from the bowls. I would install a electric priming pump on a momentary switch and his issues will be over. Here's a link for more information. Electric primer pump for fuel

fuel pump.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back