• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 RoadRunner- A4 resto

I love the color, looks great, I'll bet you can't wait to start the assembly...

Quick Silver !!

Looks wicked mang.

That looks really nice, and it brings back some happy memories :headbang:

So that's what the silver metallic looks like when it's new. I may have to rethink my color choice and paint my Net the original A4 silver. Your runner is lookin good.

Thanks for the kind words guys. If the rest of the paint turns out as nice as the underside I'll be a happy man!

I love the Silver or Platinum colors on these older cars, it makes them look mean as hell.... I was thinking of a paint from Mercedes that is a Bright Platinum Metallic Silver, but ultimately I decided to stick with the original LL1 Surf Turquoise Metallic for the 1968 RR... I still haven't repainted it yet thou... I still love the Silver & Black look, {I am a Raiders fan, sorry to say sometimes}...LOL...

Any pics of your car Budnicks? That sounds like a cool color!

No mine is not finished, yet, it's a lonnnnnng term project, I have no photos on my computer of any of my old cars either... Here's someone else's 68 Surf Turquoise Metallic, for a color reference.... The Silver-Platinum I was talking about is on the 2010 Merc. SLC AMG

Attachments

• 68 RR #17 Apr 26 2011.JPG
    68 RR #17 Apr 26 2011.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 535
  • 2010 Mercedes Benz SLS AMG #2.jpg
    2010 Mercedes Benz SLS AMG #2.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 536
Quick stop to the shop

I stopped at the shop yesterday to check on progress, and take a few pictures. The passenger side has been block sanded once, and will be blocked a few more times until it's nice and flat. The body lines look nice! I'm definitely pleased the way things are turning out. I'm glad I waited to get my car in this shop!

Attachments

• IMG_20130722_094713_803.jpg
    IMG_20130722_094713_803.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 544
  • IMG_20130722_094725_085.jpg
    IMG_20130722_094725_085.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 531
I have heard that the A4 is rarer than black in 69 Runners. Some people love it, others hate it.
View attachment 118752

Now tell me who in the hell can hate that? Maybe they like a different color better or are searching for a different color because of HS buddies, uncles, dads, et car but how can anyone hate that (or turquoise another awesome color .. fist bump to budnicks !) ??

The only reason to hate black is the maintenance issue and keeping it looking clean. It is a royal PAIN IN THE *** to keep looking good. Even after washes, black cars can look crappy after just a few days. But black will always look totally badass, IMO. I especially like black with black wheels and tint. Sinister!

Two of my vehicles are black, I know the pain! My deal that fell through on a '69 RoadRunner last month, was black as well, haha. Not by choice though. Luckily my Coronet is practically the opposite. Much easier to keep clean.

Bill....this car is looking quite nice. Let me know if you need a hand with anything as I am right up the hill from ya :)

Bill....this car is looking quite nice. Let me know if you need a hand with anything as I am right up the hill from ya :)
Thanks! I should be fine as far as help goes, but I'll keep you in mind. Same here-I'd be glad to come turn some wrenches with you if you ever need help.

What a solid car, I love the color. I'm particularly found of Orange and silver/gray on B Bodies, very nice.

Hey Bill that car is coming along nicely. Don't forget if you need a hand with anything let me know I am right up the hill :)

hey guys new member. i have what i think is a farily rare car. 69 rr post car a4 m6s black and pewter bucket seat, auto on col. v7r red stripe n96 air grabber but no blackout hood treatment. i have never saw another a4 car with the red longitudinal stripe... i have saw a fender from one though...

That sure is perty.

- - - Updated - - -

hey guys new member. i have what i think is a farily rare car. 69 rr post car a4 m6s black and pewter bucket seat, auto on col. v7r red stripe n96 air grabber but no blackout hood treatment. i have never saw another a4 car with the red longitudinal stripe... i have saw a fender from one though...
If you haven't already done so, go to the welcome wagon and tell us about it, be sure to throw in some pictures. Would love to see it.

Auto Transport Service
Back