• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 roadrunner side pinstripe?

Interesting. I bought a NOS white dual stripe that at the time thought i would put on my car but don't think i am, anyways the guy i bought it from called me up the next day saying he was sorry he found out the stripe wasn't on the 69's??? But they are? Hmmm

Sorry i should of note i'm cloning it. Maybe he didn't realise that... Anyways thanks the charts cool

Interesting about the V8* stripe on a 69 RR. Do you have a source for that info?

THANKS FOR POSTING THE CHART!!:)

The v8* was usually the bumble bee stripe on Coronets or stripe deletes V88 V68. The V means Paint or vinyl , the numbers 1 thru 8 indicate the position on the vehicle. example V1X = Vinyl, Roof(top), Black.

This chart must be early 69 as it does not show the midyear exterior body colors like R4, The R6 is a darker almost Blood Red. Over the years I have had many people call my R4 Spring Red RR "Orange" until you set it next to a Hemi Orange or Vitamin C car then it is as red as can be :)

I always hoped to see a W1 White 69 Road Runner with V6R Red Reflective Sport Stripes. The reflective stripes were AWESOME and can be seen blocks away at night when headlights hit them!

The only time I have seen Black Reflective tape stripes were on 70 & newer Road Runners. As the Chart shows on 69 RR only white or red were factory as far as reflective goes.

yes my car originally has a gloss black painted top , I will someday put it back that way , back in 84 when I bought it I was young and dumb ? I had no idea about fender tags and rare options , it had top trim and a black top and the rest of the body was primer . So i figured it needed a vinyl top , stupid me.
anyone have a picture of what this painted on stripe should look like ?

Thanks for the picture! BEAUTIFUL Rare Bird! Broadcast sheet? The way it was optioned almost makes me think it was a customer special ordered car?

I believe there is a factory Postcard of a 69 R4 Road Runner with the V7X black painted pinstripe on it, may also be in the factory dealer brochure---I have it somewhere around here, I will dig around for it. Or someone can post it if they have it handy.

Interesting about the V8* stripe on a 69 RR. Do you have a source for that info?

I may have the code incorrect on that. I though that was the code for a non reflective stripe on a Plymouth. These non reflective stripes could have been dealer add on?? I have seen a couple of cars sporting black non reflective stripes. The repo market also offers white, red and black in reflective and non reflective.

I may have the code incorrect on that. I though that was the code for a non reflective stripe on a Plymouth. These non reflective stripes could have been dealer add on?? I have seen a couple of cars sporting black non reflective stripes. The repo market also offers white, red and black in reflective and non reflective.

Is it possible you were thinking about some of the stripe options for the 70 RR? The 70 RR trunk lid stripe codes V8*.

Try performancecargraphics.com
They are in Tallahassee Florida. They have the info for hood specs and the stripe on the site.

Thanks for the picture! BEAUTIFUL Rare Bird! Broadcast sheet? The way it was optioned almost makes me think it was a customer special ordered car?

I believe there is a factory Postcard of a 69 R4 Road Runner with the V7X black painted pinstripe on it, may also be in the factory dealer brochure---I have it somewhere around here, I will dig around for it. Or someone can post it if they have it handy.

I have been told he ordered it to race straight line
manual brakes , manual steering , bench seat , column shift , 383

but got hood stripes , painted roof and pin strip , air grabber , so he wanted it to look good on a budget . No broad cast sheet long gone when i got it ?

Back in the day there were very few aftermarket stripe cutters, especially for Mopars, so any dealer add on would have probably been ordered over the Mopar parts counter, or a custom stripe from a company like Trim Line.

If your are talking about the dual stripe, yes the aftermarket stripe cutters will make them in ANY color you want basically, as they have the pattern and is just a matter of the what color vinyl you want.

On the 70 RR's v8* is reflective - example V8Y would be the upper rear deck & 1/4 extensions "Road Runner" Reflective tape in Yellowish gold. All 70 RR's deck stripes were reflective and were Black, White and Yellowish Gold ONLY. When not ordered with the stripe option it had only the standing bird & road runner emblems. Contrary on a 70 Super Bee the V8X or bumble bee stripe was NON reflective (except for the little Bee character), nor was the V6B "C stripe"

my fender tag is coded for a side stripe I have just never known what stripe it is .

69rrstripeshot.jpg

Finally found the factory picture with the painted on pinstripe.

This is a harder to find option.I believe the fender tag code is V6X for a black stripe and V6W for a white stripe.I have seen the stripe in red and green over the years also.
7X for Black pinstripe
7W for white, 7R etc..

V6# is the reflective tape dual stripe, red or white only. V7# is a single painted-on stripe, painted on with rollers at the factory (beugler tool?)
It looks just like the 68 above, follows the fender/door line, at about where the bottom spear of the dual tape stripe would be. Could be black, red, white, blue, or green.

20240826_201209.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back