• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'70 Charger R/T paint options and market desirability

firedome

Local time
3:32 AM
Reaction score
What's ya'lls opinion on the best color for a 2nd Gen R/T for desirability and/or resale?
It's now black, which I will not keep as I just don't like it. So it will be repainted another original '70 color and someday
my kids will re-sell it as they have no interest in it all :-( Am open to pretty much anything except black, white, Banana,
or Panther Pink.
What seems to be most popular on the market? I'm guessing B-5 blue or C-7 Plum Crazy? Or?
It's a N0-vinyl roof car. :)

GoMango
C104401D-2C2A-45DF-ACFC-03BCD0858006.png

Anything other than F5 Medium Green Metallic. That's what my Charger was painted, along with the olive green vinyl top. A bazillion Mopars were that color and I was never a fan.

What color did it leave the factory as?

I know it's not an option but Chargers are one of those cars that look absolutely bad *** when painted black & people will pay a premium for a Black Charger...

Years ago there was a ‘70 Charger R/T here. Not sure what the original colour was called but it is best described as a root beer brown. With the Ralley wheels it was stunningly beautiful.
But all black on a straight body is money in the bank, especially if it matches the fender tag.

b7 looks great and you cant beat black , mine will be red ,going original.

What's ya'lls opinion on the best color for a 2nd Gen R/T for desirability and/or resale?
It's now black, which I will not keep as I just don't like it. So it will be repainted another original '70 color and someday
my kids will re-sell it as they have no interest in it all :-( Am open to pretty much anything except black, white, Banana,
or Panther Pink.
What seems to be most popular on the market? I'm guessing B-5 blue or C-7 Plum Crazy? Or?
It's a N0-vinyl roof car. :)
If it's a real R/T, then the color on the fender tag is the most desirable and best choice for resale value.
Changing color will make it less saleable

It is all about the combination. So what color is the:
interior?
Vinyl top?
Stripes?

If you are interested in top dollar then paint it whatever the original fender tag, sheet, window sticker says. Don't make any fake documentation.
Second best is what you are doing and choose a factory color. Don't add any pearl or metallic to "jazz it up". Many people won't buy a color changed car.

And yes Black sucks!

I agree with going with originality, from the factory it was B7 darker blue (like pic below) with a black rear stripe and interior and no vinyl roof :) and painted black by the long-time 2nd owner, who had it 30+ years. He once had 3 2nd gens: green, gold, and this one. The green and gold ones got wrecked, both not his fault.

It does seem a LOT of Mopars then were green, my DD '71 Fury III back then was that yucky olive green, not the prettiest but got it used. Great car though.

I like B7 pretty well and think I will go that route, you don't see that many of them. Unfortunately the
good woman loves purple, but in this case I may have to over-rule it.

Pauls_70.sized.jpg

No doubt about it, if it were mine, I would be putting that one back to factory colors. B7 is a great color.

Look at that photo! No question at all. That car would sell in 5 seconds.

Yup, no question, B7 is a great color & if it's the original I wouldn't think twice ...

Another HUGE vote for B7. In my opinion, a no-brainer.
Best friend's A66 70 Challenger is B7, with a black tail stripe. It's stunning.

The original color would be the #1 choice value wise, black would be a close second. However, it is your car. Paint it whatever color you want. Let the next person worry about it if they don't like it.

Auto Transport Service
Back