• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 Hemi Resto from the grave

91r/t

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:21 PM
Reaction score
Someone restored this car from the grave. I find it kind of funny....there is nothing left of this original car if you ask me. A dash plate and a dash frame and that's about it. It's either a slant 6/383/440/318 727 three on the tree mix of parts or a 2013 AMD stamped car. Either way, this is not any worse or better than a rebody at that point in my eyes. Atleast with a half rebody or parts, you keep the Mopar 1970 parts on it. There is nothing about this car thats 1970 if it uses AMD everywhere. Car was junk but apparently a famous Puerto Rico car??? I love the car and the craftsmanship, but it isn't any different than a rebody in my eyes. Set of seats and a dash frame from 70 is all that was left.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Factory426HemiCars/

upload_2020-1-3_8-26-31.png

cat=101&_nc_ohc=5tq3EM4v7P8AQnHt-FQJB53nQOsX6mOZb4iPZiA2wlTpqRkAHomJgQiuQ&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.jpg

cat=108&_nc_ohc=RMtBCwiqjPYAQkIpji2nhKyPqI5btTqoNpARvPzJDxLTgZ87ZfExMD48Q&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.jpg

cat=109&_nc_ohc=-V4ZBqBBeHoAQlkgymnGnIHy6P8OSPLdrMOk8vxJ95n0j76eFZwG8RFTA&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.jpg

cat=109&_nc_ohc=eHlP6qTXk_YAQlHRQgmNyd9ABlFQMh4sKht9UYd8C7-c6isrPszW31iPg&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.jpg

cat=111&_nc_ohc=ZKxxbyMuV6wAQnUUU4-SG4v03ymzq1xB6COadl2GaaEwMbTIco8RMd1iA&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.jpg

cat=106&_nc_ohc=ILP7i8_-F5IAQkxoVYVJdkp40W9oWCDul7W_LoZowr80vV1JpvWp0VX5w&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.jpg

cat=104&_nc_ohc=6pzHAsFFg3EAQm5Rd38owZMBkV986b2BIzd3LwrgpuORsIX7EBxXNH2iw&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.jpg

Last edited:
**** that really was scrap ! Wow

That is what I said. Atleast when you have a rebody you get a car that was welded and created in 70. That thing doesn't have a damn original piece on it, and if its all 70 parts it's basically a rebody anyway minus the cutting and welding......

Allan Gallant does some incredible work... If anyone wanted a severely rotted car for sentimental reasons he is the one to do it. I don't need to express my feelings of what this car is or isn't but the work is incredible. He also saved the Famous 71 V-code "Barrel" Cuda and I saw that car in person. Incredible...

Allan Gallant does some incredible work... If anyone wanted a severely rotted car for sentimental reasons he is the one to do it. I don't need to express my feelings of what this car is or isn't but the work is incredible. He also saved the Famous 71 V-code "Barrel" Cuda and I saw that car in person. Incredible...

Totally agree on the craftsmanship. Hell of a job saving a car from nothing left. Way beyond anything I'd wanna do. The Barrel Cuda was the Sassy Grass car correct?

Last edited:
Somebody wanted this car real bad! Excellent job though
I really don't know where one draws the line on this issue. This car has the mostly rebuilt body, but as I don't do Facebook I don't know about the drivetrain. It's a great restoration, but is there enough of the car original to call it real.
On the other hand my 68 Hemi Dart I have never claimed to be anything other than a rebody. It retains the original suspension, transmission, rearend, and all Hemi Dart specific parts including a 68 Race Hemi. I'm not sure if the engine is the original but was in the car when it was totaled. It now has the VIN # of car used for the rebody. My question is if the VIN and date tag had been installed on this body would that make it real? This is not much different than the above mentioned car other than one has some of the original body and mine has everything but the body.
123_1.jpeg

cars-in-barns-D.jpg

Totally agree on the craftsmanship. Hell of a job saving a car from nothing left.Way beyond anything I'd wanna do. The Barrel Cuda was the Sassy Grass car correct?

Yes here it is..

I really don't know where one draws the line on this issue. This car has the mostly rebuilt body, but as I don't do Facebook I don't know about the drivetrain. It's a great restoration, but is there enough of the car original to call it real.
On the other hand my 68 Hemi Dart I have never claimed to be anything other than a rebody. It retains the original suspension, transmission, rearend, and all Hemi Dart specific parts including a 68 Race Hemi. I'm not sure if the engine is the original but was in the car when it was totaled. It now has the VIN # of car used for the rebody. My question is if the VIN and date tag had been installed on this body would that make it real? This is not much different than the above mentioned car other than one has some of the original body and mine has everything but the body. View attachment 889456
Interesting point and question. I think I would call the car from Puerto Rico a recreation because there just wasn't enough of the car left to call it restored. Either way it's a cool story and a beautiful car now but in my opinion shouldn't be worth what a restored car is

Interesting point and question. I think I would call the car from Puerto Rico a recreation because there just wasn't enough of the car left to call it restored. Either way it's a cool story and a beautiful car now but in my opinion shouldn't be worth what a restored car is
Value aside is it a salesman's dream or nightmare? As my dad used to say, there is a *** for every seat.

Both that car and the barrelcuda have more donor car sheetmetal than original sheetmetal on them.

I saw that on Facebook as well Cory.
That’s a “recreation” in my opinion.

I think the entire "original" concept was started when two cars were claiming the same VIN number. The cars were not "Special", just a couple extra parts for the Hemi version. As long as only one exists it doesn't matter.

If you have more of the donor car than the "special" car,which car still exists?

there are survivors, and there is everything else .......... as for everything else, some get a little reconstruction, and some get a lot

That Hemi GTX got more than a lot, look at the before photos, and there is not much of anything usable there.

That Hemi GTX got more than a lot, look at the before photos, and there is not much of anything usable there.

I don't disagree...... but a car hit in the front and repaired like Kern's Charger is 1/3 of the way there

if his Charger were rusty in the *** and floors, and repaired........it would be 2/3 of the way there

original drive train missing and replaced? ........... now you're 4/5 of the way there

the before pics are just "more rusty and roached" than usual

it's the world we live in

Auto Transport Service
Back