• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 Super Bee-what do you guys think?

Greygoose

Local time
7:17 PM
Reaction score
Hi all-
Found an original 1970 Bee for sale.It needs a pretty much total restoration-trunk,all floor panels,interior,etc.The engine is the original 383 Magnum with pistol grip 4 speed,391 sure-grip,doesn't run,no intake on it but pan still in place.Frame seems very good,just the floors and outer body need work.What would you guys think a fair price for this car would be?I know that's not much info to go on,but a ballpark figure?Thanks very much.

Is it a #s matchng car or a clone? Find similar cars in mint shape for sale on the net somewhere and see what they're going for. Subtract what you think it will cost to restore it to mint condition and that's usually a good ballpark figure to work with. If the car's all trashed out it's probably not worth a whole lot in that condition.

Hi all-
Found an original 1970 Bee for sale.It needs a pretty much total restoration-trunk,all floor panels,interior,etc.The engine is the original 383 Magnum with pistol grip 4 speed,391 sure-grip,doesn't run,no intake on it but pan still in place.Frame seems very good,just the floors and outer body need work.What would you guys think a fair price for this car would be?I know that's not much info to go on,but a ballpark figure?Thanks very much.

Hows the interior? What kind of mileage? Dose it have a clear title? A "Real 383ci, 4sd, 3.91:1, 70 Super Bee" as long as the floors & trunk aren't totally gone & the body isn't wasted, it could be had for $3K-$5k-$7K-$9K not running here in Cali. I've seen basket cases go for that as well, if it dose not run make sure it's not blown up turn over the engine if you can. Check levels in the engine, trans & rear. See if there is water contamination or anything contaminating the pieces worth the most money. All the little pieces cost a bunch to replace. See if any extra parts are included. Good luck.

Last edited:
The interior is pretty much gone.The body needs numerous places fixed / replaced.The hood is rotted in spots.The trunk and floors would all need replaced.I think I can spend 5500.00 on something much better.

It's a matter of how bad you want a Bee. A friend would look at a basket case and say to me "You would have to want one of those". If you can live without it, then your $5500 is better off elsewhere!

well, maybe you could do better, but how about helping out some of the guys on here who might be interested in getting it on the road with a pic or location, phone # or something? this is what the hobby is about

I guess a lot depends on how bad you want it and how hard they are to find. I only know of one in this area, and that's going 100 miles in any direction. HARD to find around here, so someone would grab it pretty fast. Plus, we're dead in the middle of the rust belt, and most of our car guys learn rust repair before they're weaned. That might not be a big job to some of the guys around here.

Auto Transport Service
Back