• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

72 Satellite NEW toy

Mopardian

Local time
3:19 AM
Reaction score
Just bought her at auction....72 Satellite Sebring! Can't wait to get my hands dirty. She an original 318 car.....probably going big block. 400 if I can find one or 440 if I can find one cheap enough. Love that it's a column shift with bench! Although I prefer manual. Any advice or help is welcomed. This will be my 8yr old and myself bonding/teaching thing.

140491108-1.jpg

140491151-1.jpg

140491116.jpg

Welcome from Nebraska from another 72 satellite owner.
Looks like a great 72! We did the bb swap to ours. But 318 4 barrel was also fun...just not as much:p

Sir: WoW what a fine example. Maybe keep it stock? If you do modify it in future I would like the chance to make an offer for your belt chrome molding and your gas evap system. They usually get removed in the modification process. Again a really fine example of that trim level. Well done.

The trim is a bit damaged. But yes. If I do modify it I may keep the parts. Or maybe be sell them. Depending on my future plan with her. I want a 69 charger. But way too high dollar for me. Here's a pic of the damage.

dbd49857-3788-4edc-8cd6-0a20912ca8d4.jpg

Most trim can be reworked by an expert. You'd think its hopeless, but Iv'e had stuff in two pieces welded back together and you cannot tell!

Man.... that car is so clean. Originals are only so once! If it was mine I would not be deviating much from stock right down to the hubcaps and keep it a nice reliable driver. Maybe a sway bar upgrade...

Great find. Enjoy.

I know I'm torn on this.......but a 318 2bbl and thise wheels can sit in my garage. I'll put some wheels on it and a warmed over engine and trans and cruise. I can always swap it back if needed.

Anyone know what the max size tires I can shoehorn in the rear? And what offset. Probably stick w 15s
I have 295/50 15's on the back of mine, also, just an FYI, the lower trim is very hard to find, hang on to it, get it repaired.

MMITM1.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back