• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's it Worth 75 Dodge van

Seems fairly priced. I'm thinking you haven't hit the right market for it. Maybe list it on other sites to increase traffic seeing it.

Where all do you have it listed for sale?

Mopars for sale
Screenshot_20240826-200024~3.png

I'm wagering the van sells due to the added attention and views in the new WIW forum :popcorn2:

From my experience with listing for sale on fbbo unless your vehicle is absolutely perfect in every way and priced 40% under market it ain't going to sell here.

At least you haven't been bombarded with low ball offers from the members here

From my experience with listing for sale on fbbo unless your vehicle is absolutely perfect in every way and priced 40% under market it ain't going to sell here.

At least you haven't been bombarded with low ball offers from the members here
Well if the van had a 318 and it was advertised on FABO, this thread would already be about 75 pages deep after the second day.

And there would be on-going arguments over the merits of 318 stock heads vs some trick aluminium heads. :rolleyes:

It needs the front brakes bleed. I put new calipers hoses and pads on it. It could use a tune up, nothing serious.
Then get it done. The term “yard drives” scares the hell out of me. Also, I think the colour is working against you. For me blanket silver is very unappealing. At the very least add some kind of stripe.

You could try listing it in Hemmings, you'd get a lot more area's, and potential buyers covered. Just raise the price to cover the cost for it. If I were to put my '75 up for sale, it would be considerably higher than your asking price, but it does Road drive very well...

1120231239.jpg

The shaggin wagon! Put some funny mood lights in the interior.. kids like mood lights throw in a bong and there ya go..

Just kidding!

I had it listed on here and on Moparts. I might have to get some more exposure. The problem is that most of the Craigslist/Facebook people waste your time and tell you they are coming, and never show up. My friend had one tell him that he was one exit away, be there in a few minutes and never showed up. I was hoping to sell it to a Mopar person who would give it a proper once over and enjoy it.

Your just on the wrong coast. Mobile housing is big in california.
I like vans. Still have a couple.
People stop and ask about my shorty.

I had it listed on here and on Moparts. I might have to get some more exposure. The problem is that most of the Craigslist/Facebook people waste your time and tell you they are coming, and never show up. My friend had one tell him that he was one exit away, be there in a few minutes and never showed up. I was hoping to sell it to a Mopar person who would give it a proper once over and enjoy it.
I get those too...especially the ones that ask to hold it for them because they don't get off work until 6 and yada yada yada. I usually tell them to hit me up with a 10% deposit and I'll hold it but they can take the chance I still have the item when they get off work. But I've also met some really good people using FB market place. And CL seems to be pretty dead here these days.

perhaps an autographed photo of the King of Dorkness, wearing his helmet while behind the wheel, could give the van a little "celebrity prominence"

perhaps an autographed photo of the King of Dorkness, wearing his helmet while behind the wheel, could give the van a little "celebrity prominence"
I am the King of antidorkness! The dorks are riding around on goofy painted wheels, skinny whitewall tires and dork dish hubcaps.

I saw a nice tradesman for sale on Marketplace for $5800, which I thought was a really good deal. It had a couple 2nd and 3rd row seats. I would put yours on par with that. And I would also suggest going the van sites on FB and do some advertising there.

8C1CE82D-7F41-4BBC-814B-60D997001370.png

B42C067B-65B1-49A1-BB12-E8CE5F51D6C1.png

I wouldn’t worry about CL anymore. That van has Marketplace written all over it. It’s unfortunate, I cringe every time I post something on Marketplace. But talk about exposure, thousands of clicks immediately. You’ll need to deal with the BS but you will sell the van.

Also, I’m not impressed with Hemmings anymore. Maybe it was the truck but I sold a 92 Typhoon over the summer. Sold it on MP but also had it listed on Hemmings. One call from Hemmings, that’s it, and I had more views on MP in and hour than I did on Hemmings in 4 weeks.

I wouldn’t worry about CL anymore. That van has Marketplace written all over it. It’s unfortunate, I cringe every time I post something on Marketplace. But talk about exposure, thousands of clicks immediately. You’ll need to deal with the BS but you will sell the van.

Also, I’m not impressed with Hemmings anymore. Maybe it was the truck but I sold a 92 Typhoon over the summer. Sold it on MP but also had it listed on Hemmings. One call from Hemmings, that’s it, and I had more views on MP in and hour than I did on Hemmings in 4 weeks.
I agree with you on Hemmings. I think for $115 you get listed in the publication once and a six month on line ad. Not a single inquiry on my 1967 Coronet listing. I complained and they extended my on line advertisment for an additional month. Big deal. I wonder how they keep the publication so packed with material. You'd think listings and revenue would be declining by now.

Recently Bring a Trailer has been what my flipper friend uses. He won't list a car anywhere else.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back