• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Adjusting ride height

And most have changed over to 15" wheels too. Makes a difference. Am I right?

You ARE right--in addition to the 15" wheels modifying the ride height, they're wider also which commands larger tires in both directions--really changes the ride over the 14"ers.

- - - Updated - - -

Boy, I just love your car. The stance is perfect. Beautiful...

Thanks for the kind words--but I viewed your gallery and your Fury is "top-shelf"; one of my favorite cars of all time--and a max wedge-4 speed to boot! I love the 62-65 B-bodies--would be honored to park next to yours any day!

I need to know, is all this good info good for all B bodies in the 62-65 range? I looked for the offset bushings to fit my '64 Belvedere, and it showed 65 and up. Do I need those offset bushings to acheive the +2 to +3 degrees camber? And will it matter that it is a 4 door? I wouldn't think so, but what do I know. I plan on rebuilding the whole front end in the near future, and want to get it right the first time.

Yes, this stuff works on all b bodies, e bodies, and the a bodies.

I need to know, is all this good info good for all B bodies in the 62-65 range? I looked for the offset bushings to fit my '64 Belvedere, and it showed 65 and up. Do I need those offset bushings to acheive the +2 to +3 degrees camber? And will it matter that it is a 4 door? I wouldn't think so, but what do I know. I plan on rebuilding the whole front end in the near future, and want to get it right the first time.

From those experienced in this I am told you need them for the front bushings only. Mount so the thinnest area is inboard most.

I've always used them in the front only. Installing them in the rear gets the arm very close to the shock tower. You are correct in the orientation. I did alignments for over 30 years. Most of the time with straight frame rails you can get 2-3 degrees of positive caster with this modification. It depends on the amount of chassis rake angle.

Auto Transport Service
Back