• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Alternator Bracket Question

1FYNBEL

Local time
1:28 PM
Reaction score
I have a Denso alternator from an 1989 Chrysler Fifth Avenue with a 318 and want to install it on my '67 Bel with a 360. Will my alternator brackets work or will I need to get some brackets for a Fifth Avenue? The Denso alternator, though smaller, appears thicker and I am not sure if the battery lead will clear the head.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have a Denso alternator from an 1989 Chrysler Fifth Avenue with a 318 and want to install it on my '67 Bel with a 360. Will my alternator brackets work or will I need to get some brackets for a Fifth Avenue? The Denso alternator, though smaller, appears thicker and I am not sure if the battery lead will clear the head.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Well, once again, I guess I am going to experiment to figure this out on my own; twenty-six views and not one insight. Like a good member, I will post my experience to help others.

I thinking you will need the brackets to match the alternator. i actually have a 360 out of a truck sitting on the floor of my shop with a denso alternator on it. The motor was going to go i my pickup truck but i found a ramcharger with a 360 in it that im going to use instead. Long story short, Im not going to use that alternator on my truck so if you want the brackets let me know.

I would try what you have 1st and test fit it.My alternator is in it's 3rd location,now low on the passenger side.The brackets are for a small bloch chivvey:sad4:

Attachments

• 4.23.12 017.jpg
    4.23.12 017.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 210
Auto Transport Service
Back