• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

American Muscle We’ll Be Watching in Monterey 2024

Fair market value. I've sat across a room from a gentlemen who wanted something as badly as me. I just nodded nonstop until he got the message, and yes, it's happened to me in return. It's who's there and how deep their pockets are on a given day. I've been watching it, and if I had a fleet, it'd be for sale now.
When I said I should have kept my green car, I meant so I could sell it now. I haven't forgotten when the bubble burst in 2008. The last one I have left, it's for love, not money.
:)

When I said I should have kept my green car, I meant so I could sell it now. I haven't forgotten when the bubble burst in 2008. The last one I have left, it's for love, not money.
:)
My Coronet isn't worth much, but it's mine. I agree. Yours is worth a lot more and I can see why!!!

I think it was the Dog Dishes that sold it! So many Mopars have Magnum 500's. Jab, Jab. LOL
Exactly. I'm pretty sure that anyone that can drop 3 mil on a car has enough money to put whatever wheels on it they want.

He paid 100k each for the dork dish hubcaps!
The prince of Dorkness gets his hubcaps for free Lol.

IMG_5936.png

I would put the wheels and tires on the green car on the curb on trash day!

I am the King of anti dorkness! I fight for Mopar musclecar decency! Muscle cars don't have taxicab wheels and tires!
Yet they were sold by the hundreds of thousands that way. Go figure.

And that's one of the first things I changed on my first new 67, after I burnt off the original tires.

Most Mopar muscle cars did not come with dork dish hubcaps, only a very small percentage did. Most had either full mag style hubcaps, or factory rallye or Magnum wheels. I was on the lot personally in 1970 when my parents bought their Charger R/T SE brand new. Trucks,slant six 4 door Darts and taxicabs had them. Some ordered cars came with the dork dishes because the owners had aftermarket wheels planned for the cars from day one.

Half of the cars on the 2024 Mopar Vintage calendar have plain steel wheels. Houston, we have a problem.

Half of the cars on the 2024 Mopar Vintage calendar have plain steel wheels. Houston, we have a problem.
And most of them didn't come from the factory with them! I agree it's a disturbing trend that cannot die soon enough!

Said it before and I'll say it again. In the '70's I rarely EVER saw performance cars with stock wheels. Even the original rallys and magnums were ditched for either Cragars, Keystones, or slots.

Auto Transport Service
Back