• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

American Muscle We’ll Be Watching in Monterey 2024

And that's one of the first things I changed on my first new 67, after I burnt off the original tires.
Where I'm from, across the highway from the St Louis plant, they did the same thing!!

1724006075891.png

have you tried getting radio stations on that thing?

Someone had to gently break in all those brand new mopar muscle cars!
I used to watch them drive the course for their final shakedown before loading for parts unknown. You wouldn't believe the show we watch on an eight hour shift. I watched some get towed back to the plant. If you bought Mopar Muscle it was well broken in before it hit the dealer and damn sure before you got it from them. :thumbsup:

I used to watch them drive the course for their final shakedown before loading for parts unknown. You wouldn't believe the show we watch on an eight hour shift. I watched some get towed back to the plant. If you bought Mopar Muscle it was well broken in before it hit the dealer and damn sure before you got it from them. :thumbsup:
Back in 2017, I talked to an organizer for a local show, who had been the lot boy for Clark Motor Company in 1969, shuttled customers in what later became my car, told me he ran the daylights out of it. When I bought it, in 2022, it ran great.

Last edited:
Said it before and I'll say it again. In the '70's I rarely EVER saw performance cars with stock wheels. Even the original rallys and magnums were ditched for either Cragars, Keystones, or slots.
Exactly,
it's a new trend, not the best either...
Attempts to look OE, even if not ordered that way

The 'Chrome Road Wheels' no trim ring style like 68's weren't bad,
most were 14" though

these cars have big *** wheel wells
they need some wheels/rims & tires to fill them, not some f70 14"s

Bingo - Steve Carrol agressive finger pointing.gif

75 MPH speed rated white wall tires on a car designed to break the 200 MPH barrier!

If I were to sell off a few cars,I could afford about this much of an original Daytona Charger in the current market!

20240712_111259.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back