• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Americans keep turning their backs on McDonald’s

I like it, but my Cardiologist would kick my A**. LOL :lol:
Mine too. If we buy some of those I just have 2 or 3 and share the rest. Mini doughnuts with bacon, maple syrup, and a splash of icing.....

Healthier if fried in animal fat the way they used to in the good old days. It's the processed seed oil and carbohydrates that's clogging our arteries.
Mc D's fries were so good back in the day. They were fried in Beef Tallow. What's not to like there.

I cook my eggs every morning in a seasoned carbon steel pan with butter. I save the bacon grease for frying burgers and greasing the pans before cooking, just like Mom used to do.

I cook my eggs every morning in a seasoned carbon steel pan with butter. I save the bacon grease for frying burgers and greasing the pans before cooking, just like Mom used to do.
And they lived to be almost 100.

Mickey D's would go broke if they relied on my business. We go to Culvers. (midwest) PaPa Murphy's for some of our pizza's and local shops for all the rest. We have many Local family owned Chinese and Mexican eateries as well as Cafe's and family restaurants. Oh, and then there's a whole discussion about food trucks! Loaded mini doughnuts pictured. You can't get those at Mc D's.

View attachment 1703424
Got a Culver's and a Papa Murphy's near my house in Arizona. Haven't tried either yet.

We have a successful "Area Foodies" group on Facebook. We share and discuss all the local mom and pop eateries. Lots of pics and recommendations.

Onion rings? Can't get those at McD's! View attachment 1703438
Had a small order of onion rings (remember, small) for lunch yesterday, from our "world famous" pastrami place, The Hat. (Great pastrami too, by the way), about $4.50 Couldn't finish em all, full.

The homeless have really impacted the McDonald's in Tucson. You have to get someone's attention behind the counter to buzz open the restroom. There's no napkins or straws or ketchup or sugar packets anywhere. The edge of the parking lot is becoming an encampment. The inside of the restaurant is not very clean.

My wife and I just go to In N Out nowadays. In fact that is about the only restaurant we frequent nowadays.

I do not patronize the fast food takeout joints with the exception of maybe one. Mentioned above that a Mickey DEEEs meal for one was 18.00 and some change, I added up what it would cost to basically make my own burger and fries plus a drink and it came out way less when buying the ground beef, bun, frozen fries or my own from real potatoes, the condiments and toppings, and a drink and it was way under that amount to get it from the fast food outlets. The one place I do on rare occasions order from is maybe Pizza Hut as they do still have a great pie but even they are outrageous on their pricing. Yet, I still see the drive-throughs at every one of these places wall-to-wall backup of cars and trucks getting that fix, and wonder if the even know that 90% of the menu is fake and not real food!!! And the worst is Taco Hell!!! cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:

I do not patronize the fast food takeout joints with the exception of maybe one. Mentioned above that a Mickey DEEEs meal for one was 18.00 and some change, I added up what it would cost to basically make my own burger and fries plus a drink and it came out way less when buying the ground beef, bun, frozen fries or my own from real potatoes, the condiments and toppings, and a drink and it was way under that amount to get it from the fast food outlets. The one place I do on rare occasions order from is maybe Pizza Hut as they do still have a great pie but even they are outrageous on their pricing. Yet, I still see the drive-throughs at every one of these places wall-to-wall backup of cars and trucks getting that fix, and wonder if the even know that 90% of the menu is fake and not real food!!! And the worst is Taco Hell!!! cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:
Mazzios serves a Ken's thin crust pizza that's very good. Ken's used to have their own chain in the 70s.

Most fast food has lost their way.
Too many choices, slows/complicates the whole process, from logistics of getting product to your *** /someone else holding up the line.
Simple is cheap, cheap is simple and it works. Give people too much to think about and it just goes wrong.

Most fast food has lost their way.
Too many choices, slows/complicates the whole process, from logistics of getting product to your *** /someone else holding up the line.
Simple is cheap, cheap is simple and it works. Give people too much to think about and it just goes wrong.
Former bartender at an upscale joint I used to patronize for corporate gatherings and special occasions has been running her own place for the last 10 years, and has been crushing it. She runs a simple menu of high quality items, easy to crank out when the kitchen is blitzed. Food is always awesome, and her servers have all told us she is the go to employer for anyone in the area working food service.

When traveling when fast food is needed will hit Subway for food and mickeys for coffee
no gut bombs for me

Former bartender at an upscale joint I used to patronize for corporate gatherings and special occasions has been running her own place for the last 10 years, and has been crushing it. She runs a simple menu of high quality items, easy to crank out when the kitchen is blitzed. Food is always awesome, and her servers have all told us she is the go to employer for anyone in the area working food service.
It doesn't have to be a 10 page menu, just do what you do well. We have a craft brewery like that.

Mazzios serves a Ken's thin crust pizza that's very good. Ken's used to have their own chain in the 70s.
Kens was GREAT. Mazzios grew out of Kens ; a nasty divorce caused the division and such. Interesting story... but the 'new' Kens is pretty good. least ways as I remember when I could still eat pizza....

There’s a sub shop in a small city about 20-miles from me I would go to when I setup an auxiliary office in a friend’s business there around 2002 (after starting my biz). Highlight of the week for lunch when I was in town. Always fresh, veg’s, bread, etc. and rather expansive menu including soups. Get occasion to stop there and still outstanding, no sub place compares, MO. Just a small-local shop run by a few gals. Don’t know where they get their sourdough bread, it’s great. Could be they make their own bread. Nice to see they’ve done well all these years.

Auto Transport Service
Back