• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another axle adjustment question

OK . Reading the paper work from Dr Diff. " 8 3/4 clutch sure grip powr- lok
Includes upgraded 30 spline side gears
NO BUTTONS

So when I pull the axles and looked inside , I could see through a small hole
That must mean there's no thrust buttons

No button...
20170729_094042.jpg

If no buttons, the axles should tighten right up as there isn’t anything to stop them.

Button head are around 1/4" thick. That means there no way the adjuster can work.

Looks like you have to pull it back out and install the thrust buttons or go with the Green bearings.....

A long magnet would be my first choice. If you drop one, then you'll have to pull the center. The rivet isn't really necessary.

A long magnet would be my first choice. If you drop one, then you'll have to pull the center. The rivet isn't really necessary.
Right....should work. Btw, the 'rivet' is nothing more than a roll pin on the replacements.....from the ones I've seen. Grease it up and stick em in. Only problem doing it this way is if you ever pull an axle out again.

Right....should work. Btw, the 'rivet' is nothing more than a roll pin on the replacements.....from the ones I've seen. Grease it up and stick em in. Only problem doing it this way is if you ever pull an axle out again.

You have to check and make sure its still there. You should do this with any axle removal. If the pin is broken, and many are, the button can stick to the end of the axle when you pull it. If it falls off in the tube or worse, in the center, you'll need to get it taken care of.

Looks like you have to pull it back out and install the thrust buttons or go with the Green bearings.....
By putting. thrust buttons in wouldn't that make drivers side stay out that 1/8" I'm trying to get rid of

You have to check and make sure its still there. You should do this with any axle removal. If the pin is broken, and many are, the button can stick to the end of the axle when you pull it. If it falls off in the tube or worse, in the center, you'll need to get it taken care of.
This is a brand new unit.

By putting. thrust buttons in wouldn't that make drivers side stay out that 1/8" I'm trying to get rid of
When you stick in the driver's side axle and bolt it down, then install the passenger side, you adjust it to butt up against the thrust pin then back it off for a little bit of cold clearance. When this is done, the 1/8'' play that you have in the driver side axle should be gone except for the .010 or so clearance.

When you stick in the driver's side axle and bolt it down, then install the passenger side, you adjust it to butt up against the thrust pin then back it off for a little bit of cold clearance. When this is done, the 1/8'' play that you have in the driver side axle should be gone except for the .010 or so clearance.
Thank you , right from the manual. I think I have other issues. There are no thrust pins and if my bearings are OEM I'm doing nothing.These are pictures of what I have.

IMG_20191024_190955040_HDR.jpg IMG_20191024_191009318_HDR.jpg

Okay I'm late getting back, these guys are right on...that was my meaning earlier, if they never tighten against each other (zero clearance) even when the adjuster is all the way down, the thrust button is gone/out of place. You can't get them tightened enough without it.

What is that round clip thingy on top of the bearing?

Auto Transport Service
Back