• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone else having a problem with mosquitoes?

Pops1967GTX

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:55 PM
Reaction score
IMG_4619.jpeg

I’ve been in Orange County, New York for over 30 years and have never seen these many mosquitoes.my pool is full of them for the last 5 days & there all over the place.

Real bad in CA too.
We never had mosquitos where I live.
They showed up 2 years ago, and now they bite the **** out of you all day and night.

I now have to use repellent, long sleeve shirts, pants, etc.....
Never used to do any of that ****, I lived in shorts and short sleeved shirts.
Can't do that anymore.

We have been in drought like condition for over two months now in middle Ga, and I am seeing WAY less moskeeters than normal....

I've only got "bit" twice, but my wife is having a terrible time with them.
I don't even see or hear them buzzing around my head like normal.

We are having a terrible time with small ants this year.
Both at home and at the shop.

YES! The little bastards are everywhere. We had a warm winter and have had a wet summer and they are a problem. We usually get sprayed by the town each month but there has not been any this year so far. I contacted the service this morning and am waiting to hear from them...

View attachment 1718179
I’ve been in Orange County, New York for over 30 years and have never seen these many mosquitoes.my pool is full of them for the last 5 days & there all over the place.
Pops, not too bad here in WNY, it's been pretty dry of late. Hopefully those are Not of the Gate's variety. Feel free to corrall them at your end of the State though, Thanks !

Bad here in Michigan. A coworker gave me his Stihl backpack sprayer, with some bug stuff from TSC. Worked awesome, going on 4 weeks now.

In Savannah, Georgia? Seriously?
:lol:

Anyway, at home, dragonflies have decided they like staying here and I hear they destroy mosquitoes. However, I will be eaten alive by mosquitoes if I walk down my road. This year the mosquitoes are worse than normal and this is probably attributable to the 10 inches of rain we received a few weeks ago.

April was bad at my house in Da Woods in WI - Couple Acres of land

But honestly that was it - And we had record rains in Spring this year

This summer honestly I don’t think I even saw a skeeter after April

Last spring and summer 2023 in WI they didn’t even exist at all

Hopefully they all left for the East Coast and Florida and are not coming back ever

Wouldn’t that bee nice

Finally got a call back from Skeeter Control saying they will be spraying our area tomorrow evening.

Not at our house but I was just down on the Cheasapeake for 4 days and Monday was bad there…

Bad ? Tidewater area is the worst climatical region I've ever been. One gets eaten alive by mosquitos.
All depends on the wind at least where I go… Sat there on Sunday after catching and steaming some crabs and not one mosquito bite… Monday ate dinner outside and they were buzzing around us like crazy eating our ankles!

IMG_7491.jpeg

It was a nice night, but I had to close the garage doors. I'm surrounded by swamp and the mosquitos are ridiculous this year...

Auto Transport Service
Back