• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone here got new eyeball lenses?

I had Cataract surgery on both eyes back in 2022. I had what they call mono-vision and wore a contact lens in one eye and nothing in the other. With Mono vision you use one eye for distance and the other for close up or reading. I told my doctor I wanted to keep the mono vision so I wouldn't need cheaters to read. He fixed me up with a new lens that took the place of my contact lens and very little correction in the other. All said and done, I have 20-10 vision in one eye and 20-80 vision in the other. I have no idea how they do it but it works great for me. No more contact lens and no cheaters to read.

That's exactly what they did for me. It sounds weird when you explain that you have staggered vision, but it's actually great. I do have a pair of prescription clear eyeglasses that I wear for night driving only and a pair of prescription sunglasses that I wear while driving during the day, mostly so I can read signs from a distance. I can read small print pretty well, but I do have a pair of cheaters that I use for only the smallest print (smaller than what's on a prescription bottle) or up close work, but they are used minimally. Whenever I go out to dinner with friends, I see them whip out their cheaters to read the menu. No problemo for me.

Had Cataracts. They replaced each lens two weeks apart and took about one hour per eye.
I was scared for nothing! It was a cake walk. Now I only need cheap Foster Grants for reading
fine print or using the computer, otherwise I have 20/20 vision. Like the Man said, till I'm Dead!
The Wheaton Eye Surgery Center in Glen Ellyn.

My surgery took less than 15 minutes per eye & I too was scared for nothing. I have 20/25 vision in one eye & I forget what the other is. Previously, my vision was so bad that things started getting blurry 6-8" from my face.

Yes, both cataracts, left eye dominant, far sighted. Left prescription for computer screen distance and right prescription for distance, result was 20/20 vision

find those tiny things that drop on the floor-
Have you found the 10mm socket yet???? That's the real test. :lol: Congrats and I am pleased to hear about this. I hate wearing glasses, but I do wear cheapies for using my PC and small intricate work.

I had Cataract surgery on both eyes back in 2022. I had what they call mono-vision and wore a contact lens in one eye and nothing in the other. With Mono vision you use one eye for distance and the other for close up or reading. I told my doctor I wanted to keep the mono vision so I wouldn't need cheaters to read. He fixed me up with a new lens that took the place of my contact lens and very little correction in the other. All said and done, I have 20-10 vision in one eye and 20-80 vision in the other. I have no idea how they do it but it works great for me. No more contact lens and no cheaters to read.
I wear glasses now, but I wore one contact len for reading for 7 years. Carrying around cheaters was a pain. I don't like glasses, but I'm done wearing contact lens.

I had been wearing thick eyeglasses for 50+ years and when I had cataract surgery several years ago, they corrected my vision. I thought I'd feel naked without my eyeglasses, but it was more liberating than I ever thought it would be.
1721566548142.png
Oh, Magoo... you've done it again !

Man I sure do not miss these, or the drawer full of greasy old cheaters

image.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back