• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Billet jet plates from Promax ?

For you guys that have converted to screw in jets, what size jets are you finding work with the stock type alum manifold? I'm sure depends lots on motor combo, but ball park size #'s. Thanks.

For you guys that have converted to screw in jets, what size jets are you finding work with the stock type alum manifold? I'm sure depends lots on motor combo, but ball park size #'s. Thanks.

in my hemi 78-80 primary
74-76 secondary
but mine was a dual 4bbl. crossram

like these :icon_cool:

photo1_zps20ce49e7.jpg
I know this is an old thread but would you have the part numbers on the QFT plates?

Thank you sir.
I never had a problem that I have read some have w/the Promax jetable outboard plates. I think the problem may have been caused by a particular kind of float.
I had Promax do everything including a basic tune on my 6bbl, or I would have likely gotten the QF plates.

I've been using Promax jettable plates for the last 15 years with no problem.
Agreed, I had ZERO problems with everything I got from Promax, except for either or both of the upper and lower stainless steel braided fuel line sets, BUT I can say that was "my fault".
The problem was there were "shards" or "clippings" of stainless steel braid IN the line(s).
As seemed to be the case far too often, NO MATTER how much of a "head start" I got on prepping my 70 Roadrunner and my wife's 65 GTO for Cruisin the Coast, I had a lot to do and the week long event, life-giving, amazing, invigorating, WONDERFUL event was a day or so away, and I had just received my 3 Holley 2bbl carbs back from Promax.
And to make matters worse, I had that "tapping on my shoulder" in my mind: hey, maybe I should blow out/wash out these brand new fuel lines. I didn't and wound up with braid clippings in vital areas of my center carb, and THAT made my car run like crap for the whole week, the ONE vacation I used to allow myself.
Truly a monumental learning experience with implications FAR beyond the actual problem and solution.

I have the ProMaxx jet plates in my latest 6bbl set up
on a 383/low deck based combo
never had an issue with the jet plates
plenty of other issues with the needles & seats, **** gas & additives here
been there for going on 18 years now too

Auto Transport Service
Back