• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carb selection for a tunnel ram on a 511

Bluefish

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:19 AM
Reaction score
Thinking about trying the indy t ram on my 12.5:1 511. Currently runs mid 10's with a 1100 Dominator. I see some use twin 1050 4500's, but I'm thinking more like ultra xp 650's. Street and strip, what's best?

I don't think twin 4500's will be street friendly at all.

I don't think twin 4500's will be street friendly at all.
I agree, that's why i'm leaning more towards 650's. Most use 750's, but my thinking is with the Indy t ram which has a large plenum, maybe the smaller carbs would work better and this combo will be mostly street.

My cross ram runs 2 Eddys. Way cheaper that Holleys. It's been 9.02 with Holleys, 9.00 with Eddys.
Doug

What size eddys?
750s. 650s will work as well.
Doug
20180419_203220.jpg

I ran twin 800’s on a 572 with spray making about 1000fwhp. The smaller carbs would street drive a little better if that’s a concern.

I ran twin 800’s on a 572 with spray making about 1000fwhp. The smaller carbs would street drive a little better if that’s a concern.
Wow, 800's. Nice to know. Puts things into perspective. I think the 650's would be perfect with street use. Thanks

2 750's on a Weiand TR stock stroke 440.....

2 750's on a Weiand TR stock stroke 440.....
Ok, 750's it will be. Either buy the xp 750's and calibrate myself of buy the best of the best billet carbs from Thumpercarbs.

Ok, 750's it will be. Either buy the xp 750's and calibrate myself of buy the best of the best billet carbs from Thumpercarbs.
Mine was in the early/mid 80's and were TR carbs. Sold them to a member here a couple of years or so ago.....and the car ran 10.60's. It would go 10.50's if it was tuned up more but it wasn't consistent that way. Had max ported 906 heads too....

What about 2x4 EFI units?
I think @andyf has some experience with this!
Thanks for the input guys. I have decided on twin 750's. Now i'm debating on buying the Holley 750 ultra xp's and calibrating myself or spending a bit more and getting the billet 750's from Dom at Thumpercarbs.

A quick question, forgive my ignorance, why 2x750 or even 2x650 when OP was originally running a 1x1050 and got the top end (I'm assuming) he wanted? I've never run a tunnel on a Mopar, I did run one on an Olds 455. Ran 2x425 or 450 double pumpers in '82. Great street manners and could pull the tires, just barely, on launch. If 1050 is what the engine combo likes, I cant see 1300-1500 cfm being better. Again, maybe a dumb question.

no matter who u buy them from there is going to be tuning involved, i bought 2 750 annular booster comp series DP from summit. after extensive tuning they r really close, 1 thing that would sway me if i had to buy them again would be to get them with QFT type float bowls with the glass window for float level, i have since installed them but have not set the tune again since then, its cold outside!
006.JPG

no matter who u buy them from there is going to be tuning involved, i bought 2 750 annular booster comp series DP from summit. after extensive tuning they r really close, 1 thing that would sway me if i had to buy them again would be to get them with QFT type float bowls with the glass window for float level, i have since installed them but have not set the tune again since then, its cold outside!
View attachment 882894
Their definitely will be tuning involved. If I get them from Dom, they will be very close. I have the complete spec sheet to build them myself with the xp carbs. Thanks

A quick question, forgive my ignorance, why 2x750 or even 2x650 when OP was originally running a 1x1050 and got the top end (I'm assuming) he wanted? I've never run a tunnel on a Mopar, I did run one on an Olds 455. Ran 2x425 or 450 double pumpers in '82. Great street manners and could pull the tires, just barely, on launch. If 1050 is what the engine combo likes, I cant see 1300-1500 cfm being better. Again, maybe a dumb question.
I'm told tunnel rams a different. If it runs best with a single 1050, than run 2. I choose to go conservative.

Auto Transport Service
Back