• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carb selection for a tunnel ram on a 511

Yes they are. That was not my question.
I know. I couldn't pass up an opportunity to showcase the 3x2 setups in the pictures, the 3x2 Holley topped Edelbrock/Chrysler aluminum intake on my 70 V-code Roadrunner being one. :D

Yes they are. That was not my question. If a 1050 cfm is what his single likes, then 2x525 would be all the engine could use. No need going 2x750. Or am I missing something?
I used to think the same thing. common sense to me, but from the people that know tunnel ram,s they can use way more cfm than you would think. I have been told if it runs well with a single 1050, than it will run better with 2 1050's on a tunnel ram. Tunnel rams work different that a single carb intake. there is a least 1 guy over on moparts running 2 1050 dominators on a tunnel ram and its a street car.

I ran my 383 with 390 vac sec on a tunnel ram, then a single 750 dp, then 600 vac sec on a tunnel ram, then efi.
Single 750 was snappier than the 390s at go, 600s were better than both, as in get up and go better and kept going, very technical description, I know.
Efi is by far the best, the throttle bodies are gigantic, and they all open at once.

I ran my 383 with 390 vac sec on a tunnel ram, then a single 750 dp, then 600 vac sec on a tunnel ram, then efi.
Single 750 was snappier than the 390s at go, 600s were better than both, as in get up and go better and kept going, very technical description, I know.
Efi is by far the best, the throttle bodies are gigantic, and they all open at once.
The XP's can be set up for all blades open same or 1:1 linkage. I would also use a pv on each end as well.

Auto Transport Service
Back