• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Offering South Central-to-North East Transport

mpgmike

Local time
4:48 AM
Reaction score
I relocated from northern NJ to eastern OK. I stocked 2 storage units with “stuff”, and put 4 cars into private storage in NJ. Now that I’m settled in, I must retrieve my cars & stuff. This move is being done by me and my friend. I’m toting a tow dolly and my friend a 16X7 trailer with 4’ walls (open top). Just made a trip and got the 1st load. On the road — with miles and miles of nothing but miles and miles of nothing — I got to thinking. I’m loaded heading south, but empty going north.

I priced out what it costs to transport a car, and decided on $0.40 per mile. I’m packing a tow dolly, not an enclosed trailer. If you have a $200k Mecum car, I’m probably not your best choice. I am not offering this service professionally, so I am not bonded, insured, nor licensed to do this service. I am only trying to offset my fuel costs for the move, and when I’m done moving, this offer expires.
Rig1.png

I held a CDL license from 1994 to 2005, and accumulated over 250k miles. I drove OTR for CRST for 6 months, drove regionally for Feeser’s Foods for 5 years. I drove dump truck & pup, along with fuel, water, flat bed, and low-boy for several companies. I can even back a car on my dolly!

If you have a DD, parts car, or fix-er-upper you need shipped, I may be your best bet. If you have a shed full of parts you need moved, I may be cheaper than other services offered. If you have a car and crap load of parts, I can probably help. Car OR parts only, $0.40 per mile. Car AND parts, $0.50 per mile employing both the dolly and trailer.

Towed vehicles must have 4 tires that hold air, with the 2 rear capable of making the trip on the road. Rear suspension must be intact. Rear axle bearings must be capable of making the trip. I have a come-along, so it need not be running.

I am willing to go a reasonable distance outside my planned route, but reserve the right to decline wide departures. If you need to move a vehicle or slew of parts, I will be making a couple more trips over the next month. PM me to discuss your needs. Through our business, we can accept credit card payment, which gives you the financial protection offered through any credit card purchase. We need 1/2 up front, and the remainder paid upon delivery.

Auto Transport Service
Back