• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hearing Aids...

sounds like they are turned up too much had my audiologist turn mine down a little too, had a feed back issue once with my right one sent it in fixed it gone for 3 days still had one. even now though sometimes I turn them down when that sound triggers that. seems like music on tv is the worst. Like I said it doesnt replace hearing but its nice to hear my grandaughters. Also can turn them down all the way and kinda helps for ear protection very little but helps like cutting grass etc.

I must be one of the lucky
few. My hearing is great at
Loud noises have always
bothered me. From
screeching Skil saws, to
shooting sports,
Hearing protection was
first and foremost.
Kinda wish I was half deaf
while sleeping, though.
Every little sound hear
wakes me up while trying
to figure out what caused it.
Me too...
my dad has everything cranked up, TV phone etc.
I tell him they can hear that **** in the next county for Christ sake
'a lot'

I CAN HEAR 'THEM SPARROWS FART'

even after all that shooting, hunting, racing & cars BS
a lot of it without ear protection

If you don’t have hearing aid coverage, Costco is a good way to go. I have a pair of Phillips Hearlink 9040 mnr t r aids. For my condition they work very well.
1600.00 Can. Also have a good warranty. Staff are always friendly. No cost to have them cleaned or readjusted. My experience.

I have a condition called Hyperqusis, very sensitive hearing, but understanding words is becoming a problem. Have been putting this off, because of fear of loud noise being worse. It's painful. All of the loud noise in my life, and the plink from a finishing nail set bouncing off a nail changed my world. Currently wearing musicians filters at 10 dB for protection when around loud noise or ear muffs. I will end up getting them.

I have a condition called Hyperqusis, very sensitive hearing, but understanding words is becoming a problem. Have been putting this off, because of fear of loud noise being worse. It's painful. All of the loud noise in my life, and the plink from a finishing nail set bouncing off a nail changed my world. Currently wearing musicians filters at 10 dB for protection when around loud noise or ear muffs. I will end up getting them.
Wow, never heard of this; but given the setting on my hearing aids, I kind of understand your dilemma.

Wow, never heard of this; but given the setting on my hearing aids, I kind of understand your dilemma.
My wife has a variation of this situation. Almost deaf on the left side because of a structural issue, buy hypersensitive on the right, with some difficulty understanding words. Drives me nuts trying the sweet spot when communicating.

Auto Transport Service
Back