• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chrysler's Superbird show car.

dodge41969

Local time
3:03 PM
Reaction score
Here's a Superbird a friend of mine here in Los Angeles owns with an interesting history. It was first registered to Chrysler Corporation and used for exhibitions at tracks and other shows. When new the car was sent to Creative Industries for the custom paint/body work, (that it still wears today....see pictures). It was auctioned off in 1972 to Les and Barbara Bowman....who were the founders of the Superbird-Daytona Club, it was driven to the first event in 1975 at Talladega.The car was originally a 440 4 barrel/4 speed car, but Les swapped it to an automatic so his wife could drive it, the original 4 speed was swapped into a sons car where it was pretty much destroyed and junked, however it still retains the original 440. As of now my friend is locating everything to convert it back to the 4 speed. superbird 2.jpgsuperbird.jpg

cool story and a cool bird thanks for sharing

Is that an old pic of the Bird at a car wash with the Utah tags?

That color scheme actually looks good on your Superbird!!! Or it could be that any color would look good on a SuperBird! :D Thanks for the history.

Thanks, cool story.
I didn't know they could go through a car wash with that ladder rack on the back.

Auto Transport Service
Back