• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Collapsible 13/16" or 5/8" spark plug socket. Wedge guys with headers.

Fran Blacker

1 of 27
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:04 PM
Reaction score
Was looking through this catalog and saw this. Was thinking L could use this on number 7 cylinder on my hemi with PB, booster is tight. Need to use a 13/16" socket with end made for a wrench. Darn only goes in one way. Tried a flexible extenion but couldn't get the drive into socket. Gave up went back to drop socket into plug tube, put a 1" and 3" extension together with 1" on top. Put ratchet on loosen plug and remove all the tools and put a cupped 3/8" hose on plug and unscrew it. Reverse process to install plug.
Thought guys with a wedge engines with headers might find this collapsible thin wall socket useful?
IMG_2519.JPG
IMG_2520.JPG

The 440 stroker with 440 source heads, the #4 (or #6) plug is really close to the inner fender.
I got the pricy (I think $35-$40 several years ago) Snap-On flank drive low profile spark plug socket to get that plug in and out.
I see a few other brands making something like it for about 1/2 the price.

Auto Transport Service
Back