• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Differences between 1967 and 1968-later B-body armrests?

JMILL67

Local time
11:24 PM
Reaction score
Does anybody have pics showing the differences in the armrests? Specifically want to know what the 67 style looks like. My guess is it’s in the simulated stitching?

Never seen or heard of that. Where does this info come from? Classic industries?

What model of 1967, they changed the arm rests 2 different styles, same bases and inside handles.
Any Belvedere
Or satellite GTX?

Does anybody have pics showing the differences in the armrests? Specifically want to know what the 67 style looks like. My guess is it’s in the simulated stitching?
Sorry - But my 68 X didn’t have any arm rests and frankly I don’t recall any for other 68’s or 69’s. Maybe later years but ….

Are we talking the economy vs the premium ones?
20240615_164912.jpg

All my Plymouth 67's are GTX'S or Satellites. They use the 13" fronts and 10" rears with ashtrays. Other models use different fronts and rears depending on model. Both my 67 Dodges are R/T or 500 trim levels which would be the same as the GTX'S and Satellites.

I must’ve made a mistake thinking 66-67’s were different than 68-70. Thank you guys for the correct info.

Tryna tell ya, 66-67 the Belvederes are completely different arm rests than 67 Satellite and GTX, and all 68-70 b bodies.

Ohhh sorry bub on my earlier post. For whatever reason I wasn’t thinking of the door arm rests… Comes w/aging. Of course there were….

The car is a 67 GTX. It didn’t come with good armrests and pitched them a long time ago. So, the 66-70 13” armrests are all the same?

Low line B body models had an arm rest pad similar to the A bodies
These used a non chrome plastic base

armrest-pad.jpeg

Satellite, GTXs etc used a different pad with a chrome base

pad.jpeg

The car is a 67 GTX. It didn’t come with good armrests and pitched them a long time ago. So, the 66-70 13” armrests are all the same?
Depends on the color
Shape is the same yes, but colors varied depending on year

I’ve always understood that the bucket seat cars received the 13” armrests. What if per say, a GTX or R/T had a bench seat. What then?

I’ve always understood that the bucket seat cars received the 13” armrests. What if per se, a GTX or R/T had a bench seat. What then?
In 67 if you bought a Charger, ordered a column shift, mother-in law seat, you got the 13” armrests. I have seen R/T’s with the same.

I’ve always understood that the bucket seat cars received the 13” armrests. What if per say, a GTX or R/T had a bench seat. What then?
Bench seat wasnt avail in either car.

Low line car would be a Belvedere 1 / sedan as example. The low line arm rest may also be correct for Belvedere 2

As for long versus short in a bench seat car. I cant answer with 100% honesty

66 and 67 Coronet 440 WH and 67 Belvedere II RH used the 9" pads in post 12 with a chrome base.

I've had six of those unmolested.

I've never had a 66 Bel II but logically it should have used the same.

My 67 Belvedere convertible has 9” with chrome base. It may be a situation where the factory used whichever size was available.

I put a 13 inch one in my 70 charger today out of a 68 sport fury fit good screws were hard to start but it went in

Auto Transport Service
Back