• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do people just walk into your house like they do in TV shows?

X 698.jpeg

Some of my kids friends still do. They have since they were little. None of my adult friends do. And I certainly don't.

I have one friend that insists that I do... He lives in the country, has a couple guard dogs that know me & expect attention whenever I stop by... Most folks can't get on the property without lots of barking... Me they don't make a sound unless their tails break the sound barrier... He knows when I'm coming cause he sees me from quite a distance... And he doesn't like having to get up to answer the door.... And yes he's generally armed... And if he isn't, it's close at hand & if there were a threat his dogs & cameras would have alerted him...

Nobody does this at my house nor do I do it elsewhere, just common sense. Hell I walk around in my underwear sometimes.. nobody wants to see that! Most of my friends and family have kids the same age as mine, walk into a teenager walking around in a bra... don't think so! You just don't do it, I even knock and get verbal approval before I go into out basement (the daughters area).

Doors are always locked here, even when home. There’s only a handful of people that I trust on this planet and those people know to call or text in advance.

" Why, yes.....please do come in. My parents forgot to give me a treat before they left..."

20211102_111954.jpg

Not no, but hell no. My younger son has two friends who call us "mom and dad", but we don't even let them come in without knocking, unless we are expecting them by leaving the gate unlatched.

Auto Transport Service
Back