• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dream car

I have more old school Mopar project cars than I will ever get to. I have decided to sell off a bunch of cars and buy a Hellcat Redeye Challenger for my retirement gift to myself. Last weekend I started getting my 78 Little Red Express truck cleaned up and ready to sell. I sold and delivered my 79 Little Red Express truck a few weeks ago. I got the van running, but I need to put a new fuel pump in it to make it turn key and it will be put up for sale as well. So I guess I can say that the Hellcat Redeye Challenger is the dream car I am going to buy. So far deciding to sell the 78 Little Red Express truck is the toughest decision I have had to make,much tougher decisions lie ahead.

20240721_113330.jpg

20240721_120049.jpg

20240622_111917.jpg

20200523_133737.jpg

Easy one, there is only one car I really want, my Dads 70 6bbl 4 speed Roadrunner convertible. It was the most beautiful car I’ve ever seen, and was an instant hit in our neighborhood, and by anybody whoever laid eyes on it. Missing since 1973, I would love to see it again, and more importantly bring it back home where it belongs.

View attachment 1698960

View attachment 1698961

View attachment 1698962

View attachment 1698963

View attachment 1698965

View attachment 1698966
That combination of history and an awesome car in its own right is the pinnacle. Having experienced the rush of returning my dream from "back in the day" to its home turf, I doubt a vehicle exists could top that Road Runner in your universe. Clark Motor Company sold a near twin, which surfaced a few years back, priced at major bucks, even before the market reached its current insanity.

Easy one, there is only one car I really want, my Dads 70 6bbl 4 speed Roadrunner convertible. It was the most beautiful car I’ve ever seen, and was an instant hit in our neighborhood, and by anybody whoever laid eyes on it. Missing since 1973, I would love to see it again, and more importantly bring it back home where it belongs.

View attachment 1698960

View attachment 1698961

View attachment 1698962

View attachment 1698963

View attachment 1698965

View attachment 1698966
Do you know the Vin to the car by chance

I think one of those would be fun for about a month and that's it. Same goes for a Cobra.
Had a guy in a beautiful one following me on the highway the other day... in the rain haha. He did not look like he was having a great time. Daytona Coupe would be my go-to if I can't swing the GT40. Has a roof, and easy to have AC, wipers, etc. All the fun, all the sexy lines, way more practicality.

I don't recognise the car - and I admit I am far from expert on them - but the coachwork is certainly reminiscent of Fioni & Falaschi and most of their work was on Delahaye and Talbot Lago. Doesnt look like any one I have seen before. Wonder if maybe this isnt a modern version/recreation/revisioning ?

For years my bucketlist car was a 1969 Charger 500 Hemi 4 speed Dana-60
hell a 440 4 speed dana-60 would have done
I was always a dollar short or a day late...

When I was a young kid riding my bike still
I'd ride by some older gentleman's place in Concord Ca.
over by my friend Jeff's house, across town, had a perfect spotless
Hemi, 4 speed, dana, it was white & red stripe, black buckets interior...
Sitting in his driveway, old 1 story ranch style house, a moderate house
nice lawn, very well kept place...
I drooled over that car for 15+ years
He'd stop doing what ever & talk with me, show me stuff on the car
start it up for me, he knew I was Jeff's friend...
(Jeff's dad was local CHP Lt.)
One day he didn't live there anymore, some younger couple was living there
& no one knew where he or the car went...

I found one locally up here, I drove by it 150 times
69 Charger 500 white & red stripe (IIRC red interior, not a fan of red int.)
my preferred color is green/black, or green/white anyway...
I would have taken almost any color with a good body, re-doable interior...
#'s matching didn't matter either, but would've like it...

One day I finally stopped & I left a business card on the windshield
where the tattered car cover was literally falling/shredding off it, it was rough
no engine or trans, wrong rear end, body still looked pretty damn good,
interior was ragged out, but all still there...

By chance another one day, I was driving up the hill to see my cousin
now owns my Aunt's place...
I saw a younger guy pushing the Charger into the garage...
1st time I saw anyone anywhere near it or the shop door open...
I pulled up the 'steep *** icy driveway', asked if I could talk to him
& look at the car...
He said 'sure',
I told him "I admired it from afar for 20 years"
IT was his dad's old car,
he lived right up the hill, long *** driveway, behind steel gates, leading up there
it had been sitting outside his shop, a big old tin Butler building 10,000sgft
he did service work on mostly small engines...
Shop was a mess, hoarder like stuff...
I told him I drove by & never knew or saw anyone there or the door open,
for the 20 years I've owned property up here
I drove by it every time I went to my Aunt Joan's place, up-county a few miles
I never stopped or asked to buy the car (Until that day)

The kid said; he was waiting for it & he was going to restore it,
it was never going to leave the family,
but by then, it had no engine or trans
& the rear was replaced with a E-body 8-3/4", too wide
I may have dodged a 'Money pit', but I wanted one...
His dad was still alive back then too, just not very mobile anymore...

We talked for an hour at least, he showed me a stack of cards & notes
people left on the car that his dad had saved, of 100s of people
'wanted to buy the car, to call them'...

I don't know what came of it, it was taken down to the valley,
Oakdale Ca. area IIRC

I've basically, ultimately been priced out of them now...
View attachment 1697194

Not a fan of the dork dish/caps & painted wheels
View attachment 1697195
A friend of mine owned a twin sister of that car, up here in Ontario, in the '80's and '90's. In 2000, he traded it for a Ferarri Testarossa. His car was a Hemi, 4-speed, 3.54 Dana 60. At the same time, there was another white Charger 500 in Toronto, with black tail stripe and interior. The white and red one was sold at Auction in Auburn, Indiana a couple of years back, and went for less than I thought it would.

I have a friend who has an accurate replica of an original GT40 and when I climb on and sit down, my eyes are level with the top of the windshield header. Also, after climbing in, I can’t get my knees under the dashboard and Im 5’-11” tall.

Anyone who is considering a GT40 better sit in one first before buying one.
I am 6'2" . That is why I have never bought one. Oh, yeah, also the $$$!

Do you know the Vin to the car by chance
Sadly, I do not. My brother may have it somewhere, or my Dad. But it would be a mountainous task, both figuratively and realistically, finding it in that mess at his house.

The VIN starts with RM27V0...... I believe only 34 of them were built if I remember correctly. Only 824 Road Runner convertible cars built in 1970.

Last edited:
I sold it to an NBA player. He is having a shop in Texas finish the car. It will have a Hellcat driveline in it. I was going to put my 472 Hemi in it. I kept my Hemi.

Auto Transport Service
Back