• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Engagement ring from a pawnshop??? Pic now included....

Cranky

Banned Henchman #27
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:46 AM
Reaction score
My GF and I had been out looking for a ring and well, nothing caught our eye so we laid off for a bit and a few weeks ago I mentioned going to the pawn shop down the road and just see what they had. I've bought a couple of guns and odds and ends from them in the past and they always treated me well. Anyways, found one that she liked and it was already her size.....so it's now hers and likes it. I've known some women that wouldn't think about buying something like that from a pawn shop because 'it ain't new' or 'it was bought for someone else' and on and on. And she likes hot rod cars and going fast! Plus she's a good cook too :) Imo, she's a keeper!

Pics.jpg

:lol:

From the circumstances you've described, it seems like that's the way it was meant to be. And if she's happy, that's what matters. Which makes you happy. And all I can say is, I hope the happiness for both of you continues !

Figured someone would post that lol
From the circumstances you've described, it seems like that's the way it was meant to be. And if she's happy, that's what matters. Which makes you happy. And all I can say is, I hope the happiness for both of you continues !
7 months so far and we're still having fun just being with each other! And thanks!

If she likes? It's a win. And if there is concern that it's from another at one time? Tell the story that sometimes the ring picks her.

The chain store and mall jewelers have mediocre quality with unbelievable mark ups. I realized years ago pawn shops had great quality jewelry without the obscene mark ups. I don't wear jewelry, but almost all anniversary gifts for my wife are necklaces and rings from pawn shops.

The chain store and mall jewelers have mediocre quality with unbelievable mark ups. I realized years ago pawn shops had great quality jewelry without the obscene mark ups. I don't wear jewelry, but almost all anniversary gifts for my wife are necklaces and rings from pawn shops.
My X was a jeweler for awhile and I learned about how much the markup was....triple keystone she said it was called. Furniture is the same way. Nuts since the value of furniture drops like a rock as soon as it leaves the store.

Never been in that position Dave, but I have a very good friend back down in CA who owns a Coin and Jewelry shop that I have traded with for years when buying Silver Bullion. He purchases a lot of rings and jewelry from sellers looking to sell for whatever reasons and then resells them. He told me and the customers, that he has the better-used choices for those and even has a Jeweler on retainer to do custom work and resizing, etc. His sales to people have them coming back as he is more than reasonably priced compared to the Mall Stores. Word of mouth is the best bet and even the Pawn Shop you trade with is so much better than the stores. Congrats to you and the GF as happiness is the key...cr8crshr/Bill:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :usflag: :usflag: :usflag:

Good deal Cranky, She sounds like a great gal.
Glad you guys found each other. :drinks:

you did well ! them brand new rings in them fancy jewelry stores in the mall usually are overpriced . if the lady loves the ring that’s all that matters…..

Just like a used car ....someone else has already taken the hit on price. You get the benefit of a nice piece plus a great saving.

Congrats on finding the ring, and I wish you all the happiness in the world. You deserve it DJ. :thumbsup:

Just like a used car ....someone else has already taken the hit on price. You get the benefit of a nice piece plus a great saving.

Congrats on finding the ring, and I wish you all the happiness in the world. You deserve it DJ. :thumbsup:
True that. If she looked at it and liked it all is good. It's pretty cool to repurpose a ring like that. Congrats and smart shopping you two.

Auto Transport Service
Back