• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Engagement ring from a pawnshop??? Pic now included....

My GF and I had been out looking for a ring and well, nothing caught our eye so we laid off for a bit and a few weeks ago I mentioned going to the pawn shop down the road and just see what they had. I've bought a couple of guns and odds and ends from them in the past and they always treated me well. Anyways, found one that she liked and it was already her size.....so it's now hers and likes it. I've known some women that wouldn't think about buying something like that from a pawn shop because 'it ain't new' or 'it was bought for someone else' and on and on. And she likes hot rod cars and going fast! Plus she a good cook too :) Imo, she's a keeper!
She got any sisters? Asking for a friend. LOL

My wife and I were just talking about this the other day. I had bought her another larger diamond after we had been married for awhile …. She was hinting for one so I did it. Paid a bunch, but traded in the original towards it from the same place That’s another story in and of itself. One day chatting I said if I had to to do over - both diamonds - I would have gone to a pawnshop as long as they had the papers on it - the price would have been likely 75% less. Who cares, who knows and what difference does it make? A diamond is fashioned over a few million years as compressed carbon. They get zero wear and tear from any source - nothing Makes them used - preowned but so what. It’s still the same as it was the day it was cut to shape ….. My wife totally agreed and it would have made no difference to her ….. Men can be smart or fools in these cases. I was indeed a fool to spend so much needlessly …..

All good & great
Until you say; "I do"

3 times loser like my dad, he never learned

albeit she does/sounds like a nice reasonable person
she sounds like a keeper

Smiley 10,000 pages the book on understanding women.jpg

why buy the cow when the milk is free ?

especially in advance age/stages of life
some just can't live without a wife/husband,
or all the BS that comes with it, good or bad, most has seemed bad
what I read & I assume, after several of them peoples divorces :BangHead:

:rofl:

someone had to say it, :carrot:
way too many with no balls or afraid to say it:poke:

no offence intended Dale

Last edited:
She got any sisters? Asking for a friend. LOL
Nope.....she's a single kid but didn't get spoiled. My X was the youngest out of 4 and got spoiled. That will never happen again lol

I'm youngest of 8 ......... do the math :D
All sisters?? If so, I feel sorry for ya lol. I'm the youngest of just 2 and my sister was the one that was spoiled to the max. We didn't have much in the 50's and early 60's but she got the choice stuff.....

Nothing wrong with buying an engagement ring from a pawn shop. Girls won't consider it romantic. Mature women know otherwise.

Nothing wrong with a nice cubic zirconia instead of a natural diamond either.

Congratulations!

All good & great
Until you say; "I do"

3 times loser like my dad, he never learned

albeit she does/sounds like a nice reasonable person
she sounds like a keeper

View attachment 1682158

why buy the cow when the milk is free ?

especially in advance age/stages of life
some just can't live without a wife/husband,
or all the BS that comes with it, good or bad, most has seemed bad
what I read & I assume, after several of them peoples divorces :BangHead:

:rofl:

someone had to say it, :carrot:
way too many with no balls or afraid to say it:poke:

no offence intended Dale
That is just the introduction edition, there are hundreds of volumes more to follow!

Nothing wrong with buying an engagement ring from a pawn shop. Girls won't consider it romantic. Mature women know otherwise.

Nothing wrong with a nice cubic zirconia instead of a natural diamond either.

Congratulations!
There’s also lab grown diamonds now days as well. Pretty much the same as a real diamond - just not mined from the ground

If the lady is happy, that is a huge score.
It doesn't fit the stereotypical routine of going to jewelry stores but so what?
In the TV show Yellowstone, Rip digs up his dead mother to pull her ring to give to Beth....

There’s also lab grown diamonds now days as well. Pretty much the same as a real diamond - just not mined from the ground
Yes, the artificial diamonds are chemically just like a real diamond, being crystalline carbon formed in a plasma chamber under intense heat and pressure.

But just like the difference between say...a Martin guitar and a lower priced copy, I'd rather have the original. :)

Yes, the artificial diamonds are chemically just like a real diamond, being crystalline carbon formed in a plasma chamber under intense heat and pressure.
Should have come up here. My brothers so tight, you could put a chunk of coal in the crack of his *** and you'd have a diamond the size of you fist in about a week.................. :poke:

I've said it before, I never got an engagement ring for Theresa, she said WE couldn't afford it, we were just kids. Kids grow up and you got the same version, just a few weeks older. You two are officially going to be happy and that makes for a great story. Hold on tight buddy and don't let go, it's about to get real!!!!!!!!! Truly, I'm glad for you two, congrats!!! :thumbsup: .... Ulli

Cool!! And I thought the 'just married' meme was great! lol
Lab grown are 'too' perfect and that is what makes them not as liked as much. Take one to a jeweler or a pawn shop that has someone in the know (and most of them do have someone like that) and they can tell it's man made.

Got her to be still long enough to get a pic lol. It's not full of huge rocks....it's 'petite' like she is. :)

IMG_20240621_075858824.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back