• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Engagement ring from a pawnshop??? Pic now included....

Very nice! I bought my bride a similar ring for our 25th. The 3 diamonds are to represent past, present and future - or at least that's what the saleslady told me.

Very nice! I bought my bride a similar ring for our 25th. The 3 diamonds are to represent past, present and future - or at least that's what the saleslady told me.
  • Traditionally, the three stones each symbolizes the past, present and future of your relationship. However, a three stone diamond ring (e.g. for an anniversary gift) can also represent the friendship, love and fidelity you have for your partner in a marriage.

Found this on Grrooogle so it must be true. And seems like I heard the same thing a lot of years ago....

• Traditionally, the three stones each symbolizes the past, present and future of your relationship. However, a three stone diamond ring (e.g. for an anniversary gift) can also represent the friendship, love and fidelity you have for your partner in a marriage.

Found this on Grrooogle so it must be true. And seems like I heard the same thing a lot of years ago....
Ya gotta love marketing. Of course it's not Sex, Drugs and Rock-and-Roll. That would be inappropriate.

BTW, congrats on your new relationship and partnership. We all deserve the inner peace that comes from a loving mate.

Cool!! And I thought the 'just married' meme was great! lol

Lab grown are 'too' perfect and that is what makes them not as liked as much. Take one to a jeweler or a pawn shop that has someone in the know (and most of them do have someone like that) and they can tell it's man made.
OK, I wasn’t sure if it was appropriate.

IMG_8005.jpeg

My wife and I found a nice set of matching rings in a pawnshop when we decided to get married. Beautiful rings and we got a great deal on the pair. Who knows the difference and what matters is that you are both happy and that is what is important.

IMG_1667.jpeg

Traditionally, the three stones each symbolizes the past, present and future of your relationship. However, a three stone diamond ring (e.g. for an anniversary gift) can also represent the friendship, love and fidelity you have for your partner in a marriage.
Here's me thinking it was just the sign of a good salesman. :lol:

I bought my wife a new diamond wedding ring from Coster's Diamond House in Amsterdam. They made it while we waited.....you get to choose the stone - colour & clarity etc and then the setting. Only took about an hour all up.....and it was a lot cheaper than a retail shop.

1719013625621.png

@MarPar - you would like the place....not far from Antwerp. :lol:

I buy a lot from pawn shops. Tools, weapons, some jewelry, but not wedding rings, that was too long ago.

My wife worked at a jewelry store for awhile so we know about the markup.
You’ll be lucky to get 20% out of it selling it back.

Congrats Cranky!!! As long as she is happy, everyone is happy. Markup on new is ridiculous. Used is the way to go.

I thought the episode was first aired 2 years ago.
Sorry if the suspense was ruined.
Hey, we are so far behind that the latest episode of Garage Squad on TV right now is the '71 DeTomaso Pantera. :rolleyes:

Cranky were are the invites? We all feel left out! Congrats ! I got lucky with my wife, she has tolerated me and in my early years I was a serious handful, alcohol, cars , horses were all part of the game then... while I played hard I’m glad I didn’t do anything stupid and she stuck it out with me... Glad your happy and best of luck ! Still waiting for the invites!

There's an old truck driver joke...

How can you tell if you are at a JB Hunt fuel stop?

All the lot lizards are wearing engagement rings...

FYI...JB is known for hiring inexperienced drivers fresh from school. Today most big carriers do the same.

Auto Transport Service
Back