• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fan clutch replace

clazar

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:27 AM
Reaction score
I'm going to help a buddy replace his fan cluth on a 70 Charger RT w/440 & a/c. Can it be R & R without taking a lot of stuff off ?? Or can i loosen the shroud & wiggle it out ?

I don't have specific experience with a '70 Charger (I wish!) but on my '68 I don't do anything except loosen the alternator/fan belt. That's with aftermarket radiators and the blessingcurse Hayden 2947 clutch...no A/C though so I don't know how that affects ya.
I like to sneak some cardboard in against the radiator for some 'just in case' protection, and from there I can finagle the fan out.
I then wrangle a smaller bolt through one of the clutch/pulley/water pump snout holes just to get the hole alignment close, and from there...well, sometimes she goes easy and sometimes she doesn't and you end up weaving a tapestry of obscenity....

Thank You all for the help. I figured it should come out easily. I just wanted to make sure of no hidden quirks.

Thank You all for the help. I figured it should come out easily. I just wanted to make sure of no hidden quirks.
1726683872114.png
Nah !

Auto Transport Service
Back