• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Felpro 8519SP and 8519PT1 Head gaskets.

I would go with the .040 minimum. The pistons will hit the heads with a steel .022.
Also should cc the chambers and get a real calculation on compression.
Measure the old cam.
It would have to be huge, or installed incorrectly to have p/v clearance issues.
They will not hit the head.

If I remember correctly they were like 9.200 or something like that. He got them from Summit racing. I have them in the shed out of the engine I'll check them tomorrow.

"They will not hit the head"

The only way I would make that public declaration is if i personally mocked the heads on the bare block and checked/ clearanced the combustion chambers for overhang. Have seen it happen on a .060 383, and would definitely check on a .060 440.
This is more just info sharing as I can't see the OP using a factory steel gasket anyways.

"They will not hit the head"

The only way I would make that public declaration is if i personally mocked the heads on the bare block and checked/ clearanced the combustion chambers for overhang. Have seen it happen on a .060 383, and would definitely check on a .060 440.
This is more just info sharing as I can't see the OP using a factory steel gasket anyways.
The engine had those gaskets on it when I tore it down. The shim and the .039 I was just curious if the 21 would work in place of the 20 that was on in. I mean the shim. I can find 21 but not 20.

The engine had those gaskets on it when I tore it down. The shim and the .039 I was just curious if the 21 would work in place of the 20 that was on in. I mean the shim. I can find 21 but not 20.
I think they would,call an engine shop and ask.

We need pics of what you mean shim.when you get some serious measurements made, a quick call can be made to get the proper sized single gasket from cometic.

From what I guessing they slapped a stock steel gasket, and a basic felpro replacement gasket on each other. You would be hard pressed to find an engine builder that would call that a cool idea. Just saying.

were the push rods the right ones?
The pushrods that he apparently installed were more like chevy pushrods and had oiling holes in the ends. They actual measurement was 9.250 Its printed on them

IMG_7357[1].JPG
IMG_7358[1].JPG
IMG_7356[1].JPG

Last edited:
The pushrods that he apparently installed were more like chevy pushrods and had oiling holes in the ends. They actual measurement was 9.250 Its printed on them
The Fel-Pro catalog lists this combo

IMG_3134.jpeg

Figure out your measurements, so you can get the right sized head gasket.

Yup I just found a set on ebay though. I figured it would be easier to just go back with what it had. As soon as I can im going to go grab some measuring tools.

Yes you should find out if you need the extra .020” the spacer provides.
I just wanted to post a pic of the catalog page so you can see that’s what is in the catalog, and that may be the only reason they are in your motor.

I have to purchase a cam and lifters before I can get any information on piston to valve clearance. Being as though I do not know what the previous cam was I'm thinking about the 484 Purple cam from Mancini So once I purchase that and the lifters I should be able to get some accurate measurements.

I have to purchase a cam and lifters before I can get any information on piston to valve clearance. Being as though I do not know what the previous cam was I'm thinking about the 484 Purple cam from Mancini So once I purchase that and the lifters I should be able to get some accurate measurements.
I wouldn't be concerned about p/v clearance, the 484 is barely larger than stock and you have nice reliefs. What you need is a dead accurate measure of the deck height and combustion chamber cc. Then you can pick a gasket that fits your target compression ratio.
Can you post a pic of this "shim"? Curious as to how this stuff all seals up together in a high compression motor :popcorn2:

Here is what I got from the felpro site.

shim.png

These are pictures of the actual gaskets I found on ebay

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600 (2).jpg

This is the 7891PT-2 They mention on the package label.
s-l1600 (5).jpg

And this is the 8519PT1 they mention

s-l1600 (4).jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

Looks like the difference is the steam holes for the MH heads being there or not.

Personally, if the copper shims looked good and cleaned up well, I’d just reuse them with new gaskets.

Auto Transport Service
Back