• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finally time to pull the trigger . . . starting on the New (much anticipated) SHOP - Build

Last day of the month . . . and the results of my "goal" . . . How'd it go ? ? ?

Finally, the last day of the month has arrived and the results of my "goal" . . .

This is a mock up of the first truss for the silo . . . turned out pretty much like designed . . .

sm_shop1567.jpg

Now - to get to the front wall and completion - got the left door covered with siding and ready to be installed.

sm_shop1568.jpg

Now the door has the siding painted and the window re-installed . . . along with the right side door getting framed
and ready for the siding to be installed . . .

sm_shop1569.jpg

Next - got the last garage door installed - so the entire downstairs is now closed up . . .

sm_shop1570.jpg

Next - I pulled down 1 of the plywood panels on the side of the building . . . and found a large number of these
"stink bugs" camped out under the plywood ( and this was a very small amount ) there was TONS of them

sm_shop1571.jpg

So I started down the wall and figured that the top panels needed to be removed and the stink bugs removed
as quickly as possible so the don't get all over the shop . . .

sm_shop1572.jpg

Removing more of the plywood sheathing . . . a goal that I've been waiting for - for a long time !

sm_shop1573.jpg

Removed all of the top panels and all the stink bugs too . . . and the shop is getting connected . . .

sm_shop1574.jpg

Pulling the panels down as I can . . . and turning these 2 shops into 1 big shop ! ! ! I'm excited ! ! !

sm_shop1575.jpg

So the results of goal . . .

Note: this was all done yesterday but the website only allows 10 pics posted.

My take on this - even thought the (2) doors on the front still need some design work ( and how they will open )
And the (2) windows above the doors in the rear of the shop still need to be ordered and installed . . .

Will take this as a WIN . . .

and meeting the goal to have the shop enclosed by the end of the month !!

More Later . . .

Little re-cap on this project . . . a view back in time . . .

Looking back on this . . . it was quite interesting . . .

April 2021 . . . starting the build . . .

1727826689400.png

September 2021 . . . concrete pad is poured . . . ( 6 months to figure out how to get the concrete pad done )

1727826759693.png

October 2021 . . . wall framing of the left building is done . . . starting on the roof . . .

1727826923655.png

November 2021 . . . roof trusses and purlins are all in place . . .

1727827052325.png

December 2021 . . . start on the metal roofing . . . ( * first time I've ever done this * )

1727827176912.png

December 2021 . . . metal roof in installed . . .

1727827223664.png

December 2021 . . . siding on this part of the shop is completed . . . ( 3 months to get the building built )

1727827321767.png

AND - the start of a New Year . . . and "wrapping up" ( literally - with tarps ) the first part of this build . . .

January 1st 2022 . . . the temporary plywood and tarps get installed ( that I'm currently taking down . . . )

( 9 months from the first dig - to the completed building . . . )

1727827386500.png

January 2022 . . . got another building in the way that needs to get moved . . . the red shop to the right . . .

1727827470889.png

March 2022 . . . start building the foundation for where the building needs to get moved . . .

1727827575093.png

Pretty cool to look back at this . . . and remember putting that plywood up on New Years Day . . . and now the
plywood is being taken down to combine the (2) shops and make it into a single shop . . .

Come a long way on this build . . . THANKS to all of you and your comments to help keep me moving forward on
this project . . . It has been one hell of an adventure, learning new stuff and trying to figure out how to fix all of
the things that were botched up along the way - on top of trying to figure out HOW to get some of these things
by myself . . .

Life gets in the way, (2) granddaughters . . . loss of a job . . . covid . . . and all the other wonderful things that
life has a habit of throwing at us when we least expect it ( and least NEED it ) . . .

Seeing the final results - the shop being combined together is so rewarding . . . still got a bunch of stuff left to do,
and I sure hope that you all continue to follow me along during this endeavor . . .

Still got some pretty interesting "ideas" for the silo . . . that still needs to be designed, built, and installed ! !

Thanks again to ALL of you . . .

More Later . . .

Been watching along and becoming more and more amazed, as I see the amount of work, being done.
Thanks for taking us along!

Auto Transport Service
Back