• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First day back at work...

Krooser

Local time
4:40 PM
Reaction score
Well after my latest shoulder replacement (#3) I had to wait to get my Docs OK to go back steering and gearing big trucks again.

I got the OK Tuesday. The cadaver bones that they installed next to the new joint are healing well and growing into my existing bone and the new implant.

Got on the road about 8:30am done at 4:30 pm. Did two drop and hooks and ran about 216 miles. Ran in some rain. The 5th wheel on this Mack was troublesome last year and still is today.

Almost lost a trailer at the customers dock when the trailer refused to couple with the tractor.

But my years of mistakes proved to be valuable and I got it hooked up ok.

It felt really good to get back behind the wheel. Today marked the start of my 53rd year of driving trucks. Been working now 63 years...since I was 12.

My only wish would be to be back behind the wheel of my '95 379 Pete...best truck I ever owned or drove.

Last edited:
3 shoulder replacements? Do you have any more?
Screenshot_20240622_124048_Chrome.jpg

Glad your back at it,drive safe and stay healthy. :thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back