• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Floor mat anchors

Sixpactogo

Local time
12:12 PM
Reaction score
Is it just me or has anyone else had trouble with floor mats not staying put. Mine seem to want to bunch up under the brake pedal or accelerator pedal. Anywhere but where they should be. Newer cars have the mat anchors built in to keep them in place. I was looking at these on Ebay..........Anyone tried them or something similar?

Floor Mat Clips Set of Anti-Slip Fixing Anchors for Car Mats - Eagle Klaw | eBay

1725419837923.png
I have these in my 65. They are excellent. They fit perfect and have grippers
on back... And they look correct for the year. If you need pics let me know
but they are $$$.

View attachment 1721447 I have these in my 65. They are excellent. They fit perfect and have grippers
on back... And they look correct for the year. If you need pics let me know
but they are $$$.
My carpeted monogramed mats have grippers on them too but they are pretty much worthless IMO. I have decided to order a set of the Eagle Claw anchors.
Even if they don't work, it won't be the first time I squandered 30 bucks on a fruitless effort. I was just wondering if anyone else has the same issue. I've never seen anyone complain about them not staying put.

I solved my traveling floor mat problem by tossing them out of the car! :lol:

I solved my traveling floor mat problem by tossing them out of the car! :lol:
I thought of that myself but I like the ease of maintaining my carpets by removing the mats for an occasional bath. I know I am getting lazier but I like to think I'm working smarter.

Odd, have three cars, mats do not move around. Two are 4-speed and one auto. Nothing special done. You guys experiencing crazy feet?

You guys experiencing crazy feet?
:rofl:Thanks for the laugh!! My wife has mats in her pickup and for some reason they really don't fit it and are always moving around. I'm about ready to toss them too but then I'd have to spend money on getting ones that fit the thing and fit the anchors lol.

Some people say velcro's a rip- off.

Yup I have to reset my "SATELLITE" monogramed floor mats basically every time I get in the car.
Me too. I was just looking the other day on eBay to find something that would fix the problem. I couldn’t find anything that didn’t involve drilling the car or the mat. Neither of those are an option for me.
IMG_0159.png

While the jury is still out as to whether these anchors actually hold my mats in place, they are doing the job for the time being. The only one really giving me grief was the driver side mat. Something about fitting my carcass behind the wheel always seemed to force that mat up under the brake pedal in short order. Hopefully this was the cure.

100_1754.JPG

floor mat anchor.jpg

While the jury is still out as to whether these anchors actually hold my mats in place, they are doing the job for the time being. The only one really giving me grief was the driver side mat. Something about fitting my carcass behind the wheel always seemed to force that mat up under the brake pedal in short order. Hopefully this was the cure.

View attachment 1726958

View attachment 1726959
Do you have a link. Do they just grip to the carpet and mat? Let us know how they work.

Do you have a link. Do they just grip to the carpet and mat? Let us know how they work.
There is a link to an Ebay site where I bought mine in post #1. You get eight of the anchors. You have to make a hole in your floor mat for the plastic bolt to go through. Once you get them mounted to the mat, you put them in place and push the spines into the carpet. I used a rubber mallet. They have a tool to cut the holes in the mat but I made a tool years ago to burn holes in my carpet for the seat frame and seat belts. I like to melt the hole rather than cut it since the tool does a better job of making the hole without ripping the threads in the carpet. Here is a pic of the tool I made for making the holes. I heat the end of the 1/4" pipe with a benzomatic torch for the hole which ends up about a half inch. By the way......I only anchored my front mats since they are they ones that seem to get out of place. No one ever sits in the back anyway.

Carpet hole tool.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back