• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For all of You Train Lovers

Regional RR that operates in at least three FL areas recently got bought, and also recently acquired some GP-35's to help/replace some CF-7's.

As much as I liked the old "Pinnsley" red and yellow scheme, the GP-35's got classic ACL black and yellow.

I LOVE it-

View attachment 1657043
A GP-35 would be pretty old (mid 60's), are you sure that isn't a GP15-1? I'm not really familiar with ACL, I guess they stayed on the East coast, but you're right, it is a smart design.

A GP-35 would be pretty old (mid 60's), are you sure that isn't a GP15-1? I'm not really familiar with ACL, I guess they stayed on the East coast, but you're right, it is a smart design.

I believe they are GP-35's.

Note they are replacing CF-7's converted by Santa Fe in the 1960's/70's from 1950 era F-7's.

ACL- Atlantic Coast Line. Merged with Seaboard Air Line to form SCL Seaboard Coast Line and then with L&N and then with C&O/B&O to form CSX.

Chessie/Seaboard-X (some question about the X)

Here's an ACL GP35 (with dynamic brakes) in SCL lettering.

1714751407318.png

ACL had a pretty wild passenger paint scheme- purple and silver.

1714751459885.png

Last edited:
I believe they are GP-35's.

Note they are replacing CF-7's converted by Santa Fe in the 1960's/70's from 1950 era F-7's.

ACL- Atlantic Coast Line. Merged with Seaboard Air Line to form SCL Seaboard Coast Line and then with L&N and then with C&O/B&O to form CSX.

Chessie/Seaboard-X (some question about the X)
Thanks for the history, the only part of CSX that I remember were the yellow Chessie System holding company railcars that sometimes came into our shop on the west coast back in the early 80's. The ones with the kitten head in the 'C'.

Rail Pictures seems to think that locomotive is a GP15, if their stated build date is right then it was built after the GP35 was out of production.
Pictures of FCEN 713

gm aerotrain, without any railroad specific logo on the nose.

Widened "new look" bus bodies on talgo truck rail chassis.

"Bouncy" was a descriptive term for the ride.

VERY gm vision of "the future" though.

The styling must have been done by the same guy that did these-

1714917719447.png

It came through IL this week with a stop in Franklin Park yesterday. It was really great to see! My friend Ryan who is a member here (the Auto Archeologist) tried to chase it traveling here but they crossed him up changing their routing a bit. Due to the length and weight apparently, they had to bring it in from the opposite direction. The train was displayed facing east when it originally was going to be pointing west.
He was going to head out this morning to try to photograph it traveling west. It is rainy today. Hopefully he had better luck!
At any rate, I was glad I got to see it even though I didn't see it on the move. The UP Big Boy is supposed to return to the Chicago area later this year too.

20240508_184157.jpg

20240508_183601.jpg

20240508_182145.jpg

Last edited:
That's the right way to run an emergancy back up diesel!

Auto Transport Service
Back