• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Galen Govier - No more orders

I didn't give a crap years ago and I sure as hell don't now. I've pissed off a few "vin Nazi's" over the years too! TFB!

Amen Brother!! Let's just look at the cars and appreciate the work to get them there. My dad used to work for a Chrysler/Plymouth dealer in the late 60's and I got to see all these cars brand new off the truck. The VIN Nazi's are the ones that drove the values out of sight too. Crazy................... More of these were tore up after a six pack on a Friday night and that was just the way it was. The old gold that has survived all that are truly destined for greatness. Appreciate the work and getting them together is what's truly important.

Yup,
This "Lil" 67 GTX I recently picked up has no fender tag.

It is originally a TT1 color
Because it has no fender tag I may go RED

Build it the way you like it.
After all Ladies and Gentlemen, It is YOUR car!

Heck, my 70 Superbee is a 383 car (I have the original engine) but it has a 1970 Hemi in it now.

Now we're talking!! I'm still shaking my head at what the guys want to stamp a piece of tin for a tag.
I drove a hemi once. They are all they are cracked up to be for sure. Amazing power plants. I'm sure that Superbee flies now! Plus I'm sure everyone stops to look at it when the hood is open too. Tag or no tag it's a special car and Red would be awesome!

They are a Joke.The more money you spend the nicer they are.I don't think he is that busy,I think he has no orders for new work.MHO

Everyone besides me that has put a fender tag in a safe place and now can't find it, raise your hands.
My house has eaten an A body tag.
They are just nice to have.
They were an exclusive part to your car.

Everyone besides me that has put a fender tag in a safe place and now can't find it, raise your hands.
My house has eaten an A body tag.
They are just nice to have.
They were an exclusive part to your car.

Well my hand is certainly raised. I took that tag off over 25 years ago and I just can't believe I threw it away. What I think I did is stash it in the car someplace. In the next week I am going to really dig through the car, under the seats, under the carpet in the trunk I'm going to look everywhere. It has to be in that car some place. But yes, what you said is exactly how I feel. It's an "exclusive part of the car" and I would just like to have it again. Although not bad enough to spend $275+ top get one. The car is not that special from a value point and that tag is not going to effect it's value at all. Besides the car is not for sale. But to to have that "exclusive" part would be cool again.

Great comments and thanks for that.

Regards,

Lisa

I got jerked around by him for several months and then told them to go screw and do not charge my credit card. I have to half wonder if all he really wants is all the information you send him on you car. He gets what he wants to build his data base, and all you get is excuses :angryfire:.

............... I have to half wonder if all he really wants is all the information you send him on you car. He gets what he wants to build his data base, and all you get is excuses :angryfire:.

I think there is a lot of credibility in that statement. :icon_thumright:

He who holds all the information also wields the power.

I got jerked around by him for several months and then told them to go screw and do not charge my credit card. I have to half wonder if all he really wants is all the information you send him on you car. He gets what he wants to build his data base, and all you get is excuses :angryfire:.

He got to me in an insidious fasion. He needed to get the build card. Chaching.... $50 on my credit card and now he has the info. Two months later now he can do the tag so he hit's my card again for another $120 plus $11 shipping. Then strings me along for about four months and I get anxious and call the credit card company. I have no room to complain now as I ran out the 90 complain period. He just flat got to me. As I keep saying he never sent me a thing. We were across country, I worked for a living, what could I do? But his name means "Rip Off" to me. Plus how can 30 minutes with a stamping die be worth $500 and hour. These guys - all of them have a captive audiance and I gather folks lining up to get the tag and you know what.......... Not me!! :angryfire:

Well my hand is certainly raised. I took that tag off over 25 years ago and I just can't believe I threw it away. What I think I did is stash it in the car someplace. In the next week I am going to really dig through the car, under the seats, under the carpet in the trunk I'm going to look everywhere. It has to be in that car some place. But yes, what you said is exactly how I feel. It's an "exclusive part of the car" and I would just like to have it again. Although not bad enough to spend $275+ top get one. The car is not that special from a value point and that tag is not going to effect it's value at all. Besides the car is not for sale. But to to have that "exclusive" part would be cool again.

Great comments and thanks for that.

Regards,

Lisa

You'll find it some day...
Perhaps when you are not looking for it!
LOL

And, here is a true Galen story...
A "bud" of mine (currently supporting the war against ISIS, overseas) built the fake Superbird for the movie Joe Dirt AND his Cuda' was the Red one in Gone in Sixty seconds...Nicholas Cage/A. Jolie version.
Well, he was at a car show in Van Nuys years ago and Galen shows up and tells everyone: "That car did not come with that interior color option."
And the funny thing is...it did because my Bud bought it new in 1968!

this thread reminds me of another Mopar crook,fred englehart.
everyone loved him till the bottom fell out and he got caught redhanded.......

I think you're right. It's truly not that important to me in reality. But one side of me says "I can't believe I lost it" but the other side says "next time the car cover is off take a good look under the hood as I could have very possibly moved it to a less conspicuous spot then right on the inner fender". But I have the Chrysler IMB build record so I have the info anyway.
Yea, one day I'l go "here it is!!".

Fred Engelhart:

Auto show impresario accused of fraud
Fred Engelhart ran a popular car show in tiny Elkton, population 149.

Fred Englehart of Englehart's Garage in tiny Elkton, Minn., is at the heart of a federal indictment and faces charges that include wire fraud and money laundering in connection with sales of classic cars.
The indictment says Engelhart, who ran a popular summer car show in his hometown, population 149, sold cars for others but then kept the money for himself. He faces seven charges, including wire fraud, money laundering, false statements to a financial institution, bank fraud and possession of a short-barreled shotgun.

1carfraud1120.jpg

it was a huge disgrace,this guy knew everyone and i mean Everyone and he used this to his advantage..
everyone who knew Him,thought he was the Man,much like GG there.
turned out he was a dirty crook,who took peoples cars and strung them along while he sold the cars and used the money.
then he borrowed a huge sum of money off some not so savory people who were charging him some sky high interest as well...the Vig...
it all finally crashed down on him,and the worst part is,theres still people who think hes their friend and will defend him to the end.

on the flip side,he did save and restore some cars that never would have been saved,or rescued.
and he did help a lot of guys in the hobby.
so theres that too.....

the Fred deal shows how things can get so far out of hand, either by playing with the wrong boys, letting egos get in the way of clear thinking, or sometimes letting some greed get a person started down the wrong path. I didn't know what the latest was but all this did not happen just a while back.

I think together we can decode some of these things @ $0

Auto Transport Service
Back